Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VA Disability Benefits..

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

VA Disability Benefits..

Advertisements
    Not sure if anyone knows any info on disability benefits but right now my husband is in the process of filing a claim (havent filed yet). Its been two years since he has been on active duty and currently is considered inactive reserves. My husband has rectal cancer. We are almost sure it is service connected. We did genetic testing and his cancer is NOT genetic. There are 5+ guys he worked closely with who all have different types of cancers as well. All of them are in there 20s. There is no way this is a coincident. Any way, were trying to file a claim for his rectal cancer and wondering if we even have a chance considering its been 2 years since active duty and there is no official way to actually prove the cancer is work related. I just want justice for my husband. He just had surgery and had his rectum, anus, prostate and bladder removed. He has two permeant ostomy bags now, a colostomy (for stool) and urostomy (for urine). His life will never be the same and I want to do anything I can so he get the benefits he deserves. any help or suggestions.
  2. Senior Member
    I wish I knew more to help you. in case someone else does. and and I'm so sorry.

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - President Ronald Reagan
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I have no idea but I hope you get things worked out for your hubby and hope those other guys get better as well. What do they think caused the cancer?
    Married to MacGirl, chasesbabygurl, An Everyday Love and *Larz* 12-20-2009
  4. Senior Member
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    They were exposed to radiation and rf signals & Alot of the gear they worked on would leak too.
  6. Senior Member

I am not sure of the chances of getting the benefits but this could take a long time, even years to get so be prepared for a long battle. The important thing is is to not give up and keep looking at every possible avenue because the VA can and will fight it, pretty shitty that they can be stingy. I have a classmate who was a Marine during Viet Nam and the first Gulf War, took him nearly 20 years to get disability. Yes I mean twenty years to prove his shaky hands and other medical issues are the result of exposure to chemicals during his service.

I hopeyour dh he has copies of any and all records because sometimes they can "be lost" if he doesn't have them. My classmate managed to get an advocate to help. I don't have his contact info but maybe another classmate will because school is over for now so I won't be seeing him anytime soon. If I can get his contact info I will ask him who helped him and how he finally was able to get his due benefits. Hopefully I will be able to get a hold of him soon but if not it won't be until the end of January before I may see him again at school. Until then good luck.
  7. Senior Member
    Did you post another thread about this? I know I've read this before, but maybe it was on another site.

I hope your husband has a quick recovery.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  8. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    Did you post another thread about this? I know I've read this before, but maybe it was on another site.

I hope your husband has a quick recovery.
    I thought so too, I am not sure which site it was posted on tho.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    no this is the only site I post too, thats weird though i wonder who it is. lol
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    I thought so too, I am not sure which site it was posted on tho.
    This. I only post on this site and one other and I swear I have read this before, either on here or that other site.

No one is guaranteed happiness. You can pursue it, but if you happen to find success along the way on that road to happiness, Conservatives believe you should not be demonized or penalized for it.
    Glenn Beck
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast