Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mid-month pay/LES

1. Junior Member

Mid-month pay/LES

Advertisements
    I should know this by now but .. is mid-month pay for the following month? So it will show up up on next months LES? Hope that makes sense!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

2. Banned
    Banned
    no mid month LES is for the current month
  3. Junior Member
    Hmmm .. my husbands check was over $1500 less than it stated it would be in his LES - I assumed it was for next month - looks like finance has screwed with his pay again!

4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Your looking at the LES that just has one set of numbers right, not the breakdown of pay? That's weird that it would have one amount and pay another. Finance is an odd place.
  5. Junior Member
    We're just confused. The breakdown LES showed him having a certain for mid month but his mid month LES showed the amount that he got paid today which is $1500 less than the beginning month LES and what he normally gets. We don't know where the money went but assumed that it was for next month in which case would make more sense because finance screwed up a few months ago and gave my husband an advance he didn't need -- so we were assuming that it was being taken out of next months pay .... if that makes any sense? lol

6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Tamzyn, the LES he received on Nov 1st was for the pay period 1-31 Oct. The pay remittance and pay he received on the 15th of NOV (I know that's tomorrow, but some people get it a day early) is the mid month pay for NOV. It will be reflected in the NOV LES that you will have access to on 1 DEC.

Pay and allowances are retroactive and the explanation (LES) comes after the fact.

Let me know if that didn't make sense. Also, since it was so much different, he can go to finance to find out what is happening to his check this month.
  7. Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    Tamzyn, the LES he received on Nov 1st was for the pay period 1-31 Oct. The pay remittance and pay he received on the 15th of NOV (I know that's tomorrow, but some people get it a day early) is the mid month pay for NOV. It will be reflected in the NOV LES that you will have access to on 1 DEC.

Pay and allowances are retroactive and the explanation (LES) comes after the fact.

Let me know if that didn't make sense. Also, since it was so much different, he can go to finance to find out what is happening to his check this month.
    Thank you That def makes sense and probably the reason for the low amount! Still kind of annoying that they took his advance back without letting him know 1st - especially since we didn't need or want it but at least we put it in our savings so it wont effect us

8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamzyn View Post
    Thank you That def makes sense and probably the reason for the low amount! Still kind of annoying that they took his advance back without letting him know 1st - especially since we didn't need or want it but at least we put it in our savings so it wont effect us
    I can be confusing and a pain in the butt when you don't know the explanation for what shows up or what doesn't show up on the 15th. It's hard to plan the budget when you aren't sure what they're going to do!

I'm glad it's in savings though and you guys are ok! Smart thinking!
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamzyn View Post
    What type of advance was it? Most advances you have to apply for, so if you don't need it you just don't apply for it.
  10. Banned
    Banned
    are you sure there was not a notice in the comments section stating they would be taking it out and in what amount?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast