Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: He's kidding... right?

1. Semper Fi <3
    Semper Fi <3

He's kidding... right?

Advertisements
    My daughters dad is saying that I will have to go down to his base to get Avery on his health insurance. He's station in Gulfport, MS. Its a pretty long drive from here, like 12 hours. His name is on the birth certificate and everything, will I really have to go down to get her on his health insurance or can that be done with me here at home? Him and I weren't together long enough for me to ever be able to understand how everything worked.
  2. Senior Member
    It does have to be done directly through a tricare/DEERS office (which are usually on post), but I don't know if you/your child have to be there to do it (or if he can just do it for you). I'm not sure, you may want to call the office on his post and ask.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley19 View Post
    My daughters dad is saying that I will have to go down to his base to get Avery on his health insurance. He's station in Gulfport, MS. Its a pretty long drive from here, like 12 hours. His name is on the birth certificate and everything, will I really have to go down to get her on his health insurance or can that be done with me here at home? Him and I weren't together long enough for me to ever be able to understand how everything worked.

You may need to go with paperwork to get you child into the DEERS system and get your child their ID card. If she's in DEERS already and has the ID card, standard coverage is automatic. You may need to talk with them if you are wanting to upgrade her to Prime, but he should be able to do it.
  4. Semper Fi <3
    Semper Fi <3
    Quote Originally Posted by MS234755 View Post
    It does have to be done directly through a tricare/DEERS office (which are usually on post), but I don't know if you/your child have to be there to do it (or if he can just do it for you). I'm not sure, you may want to call the office on his post and ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    You may need to go with paperwork to get you child into the DEERS system and get your child their ID card. If she's in DEERS already and has the ID card, standard coverage is automatic. You may need to talk with them if you are wanting to upgrade her to Prime, but he should be able to do it.
    Thats what i kinda thought was that they could do it from there. Mean, he has a copy of the birth certificate and everything. But okay, i'll just have to call and find out. Really dont try to listen to him unless I know for a fact thats the way its gotta be done. Baby daddies. ehh!
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley19 View Post
    Thats what i kinda thought was that they could do it from there. Mean, he has a copy of the birth certificate and everything. But okay, i'll just have to call and find out. Really dont try to listen to him unless I know for a fact thats the way its gotta be done. Baby daddies. ehh!
    They may need an original to get her into DEERS. But as her parent, he should be able to do that. Because you aren't married, she will need her own ID card though, as you don't have one, for her to have access to medical care. That she would need to go to a base to get, but it doesn't have to be his base, he can fill out the paperwork and it can be done at the closest facility to you.
  6. Senior Member
    He should be able to do some paperwork so you can do it at a base closer to you and there's a few bases in Oklahoma to choose from.
  7. Senior Member
    My daughter's biological dad was able to do all of her insurance without me or her present for it. As long as he has her birth certificate, or whatever other paperwork they want, it shouldn't be an issue, unless it's changed in the past few years.
  8. Banned
    Banned
    she will need to have an ID card, and for that she will need to go to a base to get it.

she does not need to be there to be ADDED to DEERS and Tricare.
  9. Senior Member
    My husband was able to get to enroll the kiddos without physically being there.
  10. Semper Fi <3
    Semper Fi <3
    Okay yeah. That's kinda what I thought was that long as they had the paper work, we didn't need to be there. But I'll call and have it all sorted out. Thanks so much for the help guys
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast