Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: New to Tricare.. Need help on what to do??

1. Regular Member

Confused New to Tricare.. Need help on what to do??

Advertisements
    Hi everyone so I just got on Tri-care last week.. I know there's a specific doctor we're suppose to see but here's my question...

I cut the absolutely crap out of my finger last night and today.. (14 hrs later) it's still bleeding. I'm pretty sure I need stiches but where do I go?

Would I call that doctor and make an appt or if I need to go to a hospital would I have to go to the one on base??
    Help?

Thanks Ladies <3
  2. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    If you're still bleeding, go to the hospital.

Are you on standard or prime?

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  3. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    if you are on prime and the base has an ER, go there, if not, then go to the ER/hospital closest to you.. or an urgent care.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  4. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rissa*Rawr View Post
    If you're still bleeding, go to the hospital.

Are you on standard or prime?
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    if you are on prime and the base has an ER, go there, if not, then go to the ER/hospital closest to you.. or an urgent care.
    I'm on Prime.. and I thought that meant I have to either go to the doctor they assigned or the hospital on base. We're at Pendleton..
  5. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Quote Originally Posted by lovealwaysrae View Post
    I'm on Prime.. and I thought that meant I have to either go to the doctor they assigned or the hospital on base. We're at Pendleton..
    If the base hospital has an ER, then yes, go there. You do not need to see your PCM for a gash that might require stitches, you can go to the ER for that. IF the base hospital doesn't have an ER, then you can go to Urgent Care or a local ER if you are on Prime, you just need to call tricare within 24 hours to let them know.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  6. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Quote Originally Posted by lovealwaysrae View Post
    Like mentioned, if the base has a hospital then go to the ER there. If it doesn't then go to the ER out in town. I think you'll just have to call Tricare to let them know if you go to a out in town ER. They're not going to restrict you to base when you need to go to the hospital.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  7. eas
    In any emergency you can go to ANY hospital just call Tricare if your going and make sure you are squared away, going to a military ER may make it easier but it does not matter! ...really all they want you to do is contact your PCM and make sure you get good follow-up care. I actually was home in Michigan on leave when I had to go to the ER and get emergency surgery and I wasnt even in my region and everything dealing with my care was completely covered! With stitches though you are really supposed to be within 8 hours of the accident so they probably wont give you stitches if its been longer but you still should get the wound checked out and see what other options you have! Good Luck!