Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Home of Record

1. was ncgirl
    was ncgirl

Home of Record

Advertisements
    When you marry does your home of record also become your husbands?

Adventures In Love
    Follow Me: http://inthemiddletoday.blogspot.com/<----Started blogging again Updated 9/06/2012
    yeah, after a very long time of not using it I am trying to blog again!
  2. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    be silly. be honest. be kind.
    Ours our still our separate parents' home addresses. We were never told they had to be the same, or had to be any specific address for that matter.

"The purpose of life is not to simply be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

3. ...
    Your talking about the home of record the military has on file?
  4. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    The spouse's home of record doesn't matter. There is only one HOR and its the active duty member's.

Why are you asking?

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    The spouse's home of record doesn't matter. There is only one HOR and its the active duty member's.

Why are you asking?
    My thinking exactly. A dependent doesn't have a home of record. Only the member's.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  6. was ncgirl
    was ncgirl

Why are you asking?
    The last county I lived in (before moving to be close the base when DH and I got married) sent me a tax bill for my car. But it says that if you are military you dont have to pay it, you only have to pay for your HOR. But idk if that means only the military member or his family too. I'm just confused by it.

Adventures In Love
    Follow Me: http://inthemiddletoday.blogspot.com/<----Started blogging again Updated 9/06/2012
  7. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBlueFishie View Post
    The last county I lived in (before moving to be close the base when DH and I got married) sent me a tax bill for my car. But it says that if you are military you dont have to pay it, you only have to pay for your HOR. But idk if that means only the military member or his family too. I'm just confused by it.
    You are not military and thus do not have an HOR. You owe the tax, especially if it was incurred prior to getting married. Many counties specify that the car/property has to be in the active member's name only to have the military excemption. If you feel you do not owe the tax, call the county tax assessor, but again, if this was for before you got married you do owe it.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  8. Señor Member
    Señor Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBlueFishie View Post
    Your best bet is to just call and ask. If you pay taxes as a resident of the state sending you the bill you will probably have to pay the tax bill. If you pay taxes as a resident in the state you currently are in you should be able to send the bill's state some sort of proof (they'll tell you what you need) to bypass the bill.
    But, I could also have zero idea what I'm talking about I just know that DH gets a bill for our car with Ohio tags every year, and since his HOR is Florida he doesn't pay state taxes & they just have him send them a copy of idk what to prove idk what I probably have no idea what I'm talking about.

be cool.
  9. Banned
    Banned
    spouses do not have HOR, HOR is where the member enlisted.

this is different from state of residence- some members keep the state the enlisted in as thier state of residence, but many do not because of the tax laws.

for your car if your going to keep it registered in that state/county you may still have to pay the tax.
    call them and ask if the exemption includes dependants if the car is not titled/registered in the members name.
  10. was ncgirl
    was ncgirl
    You are not military and thus do not have an HOR. You owe the tax, especially if it was incurred prior to getting married. Many counties specify that the car/property has to be in the active member's name only to have the military excemption. If you feel you do not owe the tax, call the county tax assessor, but again, if this was for before you got married you do owe it.
    The bill is after we got married.

Adventures In Love
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast