Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 61

Thread: selling leave?

  1. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    GlitterQueen's Avatar
    GlitterQueen is offline
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    12,434
    #1

    selling leave?

    Advertisements
    has anyone done this and do you mind saying how much you got? my husband has 52 days saved and he was thinking about selling 30 of them...


  2. Senior Member
    dekeoboe's Avatar
    dekeoboe is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,834
    #2
    How much you get depends on rank and how much you are getting paid. Each day is worth a single day of base pay.
  3. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    GlitterQueen's Avatar
    GlitterQueen is offline
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    12,434
    #3
    oh hm. how do you figure it up? is there an equation of some sort?


  4. Senior Member
    dekeoboe's Avatar
    dekeoboe is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,834
    #4
    Take his monthly base pay and divide by 30. So, if he wants to sell back 30 days it would be worth one month of base pay. Don't forget that it will be taxed and I think they use a higher tax rate.
  5. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    GlitterQueen's Avatar
    GlitterQueen is offline
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    12,434
    #5
    thanks!


  6. Account Closed
    AwwSnail's Avatar
    AwwSnail is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,407
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by dekeoboe View Post
    Take his monthly base pay and divide by 30. So, if he wants to sell back 30 days it would be worth one month of base pay. Don't forget that it will be taxed and I think they use a higher tax rate.

    would it be 30? or would it be working days?

    Do they get paid for everyday of the month? Right now DF does not work the weekends...

    I'm curious, DF just sold a ton of days back to the Army...does it show up on the "next check" or is it a separate check. TIA!
  7. Ummmmm...........
    Abbynormal's Avatar
    Abbynormal is offline
    Ummmmm...........
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    8,438
    Blog Entries
    1

    #7
    I'm about 90% sure the tax they deduct is 10% of the total amount.

    AwwSnail it's 30 days.

    ETA- when I sold my leave I made roughly 1,400 a month. I sold back 14 days I think. So to figure it out it would be

    1,400/30= 46.67

    46.67*14=653.38

    653.38-10%= roughly $588 for my 14 days of leave

    I'm pretty sure that's how they figured it out when I got discharged.
  8. Senior Member
    Beach's Avatar
    Beach is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,934
    #8
    Can enlisted sell leave back whenever they want? I know officers can only sell it when separating or retiring.
  9. Account Closed
    AwwSnail's Avatar
    AwwSnail is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,407
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbynormal View Post
    I'm about 90% sure the tax they deduct is 10% of the total amount.

    AwwSnail it's 30 days.

    ETA- when I sold my leave I made roughly 1,400 a month. I sold back 14 days I think. So to figure it out it would be

    1,400/30= 46.67

    46.67*14=653.38

    653.38-10%= roughly $588 for my 14 days of leave

    I'm pretty sure that's how they figured it out when I got discharged.

  10. You are here.
    Frybread's Avatar
    Frybread is offline
    You are here.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    23,977
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach View Post
    Can enlisted sell leave back whenever they want? I know officers can only sell it when separating or retiring.
    i think they may? DH was able too when he was an e4 but he had over 80 days last January and asked and region said no. So he used it when he went and got his moles removed.
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •