Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Getting a new ID

1. Senior Member

Getting a new ID

Advertisements
    My ID will expire in Febuary, I live and will be nowhere near a military base until next summer some time, long after it expires. DH can't help as he is gone and we are not really sure how I am supposed to go about getting a new ID card. Before we left Japan they wouldn't let me get a new one, even though they knew I wouldn't be near a base to update in closer to when it expires. How am I supposed to go about getting a new one before it expires? Or how do I find out if there is somewhere near here to get one? There has to be somewhere, right?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  2. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Your dh needs to be with you or he needs to fill out a form. You will have to go to a base just before it expires to get it done no other way to do it.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

3. Senior Member
    This website will tell you where you can renew it in your area. (http://www.dmdc.osd.mil/rsl/appj/site?execution=e2s1)
    if i never see you again i will always carry you
    inside outside

on my fingertips and at brain edges

and in centers
    centers of what i am of what remains
    --- charles bukowski.

time to eas, baby!
  4. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    He needs to fill out DD1172 and you have to do it before it expires, but you can't do it before 30 days from expiration. I would find the nearest base and plan to make a trip there to get it renewed. They also (generally) only do IDs during the week, between 7-4 (obviously call the nearest base to find out hours for sure). If you tell us where you are, we can find a base nearby. Doesn't matter they type of base, just matters that they have a pass/id office on it.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  5. Senior Member
    I am in MI, no bases in the state. That is why I am confused. I know about the form, when I got my first ID he was in boot camp and I had to go by myself to get it, so he had to send me the form. But that was...7+ years ago, and I remember the place I got it but have no idea if it is still open or what it was even called. I just know what city it was in!! Closest base is probably either Great Lakes or something in OH.

6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ashleeg View Post
    I am in MI, no bases in the state. That is why I am confused. I know about the form, when I got my first ID he was in boot camp and I had to go by myself to get it, so he had to send me the form. But that was...7+ years ago, and I remember the place I got it but have no idea if it is still open or what it was even called. I just know what city it was in!! Closest base is probably either Great Lakes or something in OH.
    The website I linked shows a lot of places in MI to renew your ID.

ETA: This is the website that I got that link from. (http://www.cac.mil/uniformed-service...-your-id-card/)
    if i never see you again i will always carry you
    inside outside

on my fingertips and at brain edges

and in centers
    centers of what i am of what remains
    --- charles bukowski.

time to eas, baby!
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    The website I linked shows a lot of places in MI to renew your ID.
    Awesome, just went and checked it out!! Will call and see what they have to say Thanks so much!!