Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: BAH Question

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

BAH Question

Advertisements
    Right now I'm located overseas in the Pacific with my daughter and he is stationed Navy in San Diego. I wonder if I'm able to get housing while I'm here because when we were stationed in Japan, I left before we PCS'd to move back to the Pacific and PSD gave me housing allowance for where I am. It stopped when my dh PCS'd to San Diego.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Guamgal View Post
    Right now I'm located overseas in the Pacific with my daughter and he is stationed Navy in San Diego. I wonder if I'm able to get housing while I'm here because when we were stationed in Japan, I left before we PCS'd to move back to the Pacific and PSD gave me housing allowance for where I am. It stopped when my dh PCS'd to San Diego.
    Are you separated because your choose to be or because the military gave him unaccompanied orders?
  3. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Were you and your daughter on his orders to San Diego?
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  4. Banned
    Banned
    whether you get a housing allowance will completely depend on why your in Guam.

were his orders to San Diego accompanied or unaccompanied?
  5. Senior Member
    Generally, the Navy will pay housing for a separated spouse if the Navy is the cause for the separation (for example, unaccompanied orders, spouse can't get sponsorship due to health reasons, etc.), but if the separation is due to the couple's choice or due to something outside the Navy's control (for example, if the spouse can't get a visa for American due to past legal issues), then they won't pay, since the separation is not their fault/responsibility.

If you explain more about your situation, then you'll probably get a better answer here about whether you'll get any kind of allowance.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski