Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Pay after transferring

1. Senior Member

Pay after transferring

Advertisements
    DH is still not getting paid correctly. This has happened to us both times he has transferred overseas. Is this normal or do we just have really bad luck with commands?
  2. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

1. How long has he been gone?

2. Has he spoken to finance to get it straightened out and how long ago did he do so if he did?
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  3. Senior Member
    Long story. Our son and I left Japan April 15, he didn't till May 6. When we left Japan it took a few weeks to find an apt. and get bills sent there. As soon as I could I got him the lease and bills, they said he waited too long and they couldn't help him anymore becuase he was transferring. So, then he went to San Diego for 3 weeks for a C school. They said they couldn't help him because of who knows why... He has been in Bahrain now for...3 weeks tomorrow. He went and talked to them a couple days after he got there. So more than 2 weeks ago.

Not sure if that was understandable or not...
  4. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

I think he is going to have to talk to finance again...
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ashleeg View Post
    Long story. Our son and I left Japan April 15, he didn't till May 6. When we left Japan it took a few weeks to find an apt. and get bills sent there. As soon as I could I got him the lease and bills, they said he waited too long and they couldn't help him anymore becuase he was transferring. So, then he went to San Diego for 3 weeks for a C school. They said they couldn't help him because of who knows why... He has been in Bahrain now for...3 weeks tomorrow. He went and talked to them a couple days after he got there. So more than 2 weeks ago.

Not sure if that was understandable or not...
    ok, there are a couple of things to clarify. since you left early on PCS orders, you cannot get reg BAH while still collecting OHA. once your DH checked out of the unit, regardless of whether you have a lease or not- he is not elegible for BAH at the new duty station rate until he actually physically checks into the new PDS.
    where you are has no bearing on when and what BAH is paid in they situation.
    the only thing he is entitled to when PCSing from OCONUS is BAH-t and it is about 600 dollars a month. his pay may be messed up, but it may not be as messed up as you think.
  6. Senior Member
    We weren't getting OHA from the day we left. He moved into the barracks. He was told he would start getting BAH, but everywhere he goes tells him they can't do it for whatever reason. Now that he is in Bahrain, we figured it would fix itself fairly quickly. Like I said, it has been over 2 weeks now. Becasue we are having to stay here because he has 1 year unaccompanied orders, we are supposed to be getting BAH for this area from the point of leaving Japan. I guess I don't understand how that can be any different. We HAVE to live somewhere.
  7. Banned
    Banned
    it helps to have all of the info- when you said it was a long story I assumed what you wrote was everything.....

if he had orders for you to move to a designated place since he was going to Bahrain, it does change things a little:

he should have started getting BAH for your location when he turned in the lease or proof of residence, since you did not have that in time while he was still in japan, they did not have to process it, since he went TDY to San Diego they would not have done it because he was not stationed there. SO he would have needed to turn all the paperwork in in Bahrain.
    once he turned the paperwork in it will take 4-8 weeks for the BAH to actually start. and should be back dated to the date on your lease.
    if he has submitted all the paperwork when he first got there three weeks ago, the BAH should start Aug 1st, if it does not he needs to go back to find out why it has not.

Quote Originally Posted by ashleeg View Post
    We weren't getting OHA from the day we left. He moved into the barracks. He was told he would start getting BAH, but everywhere he goes tells him they can't do it for whatever reason. Now that he is in Bahrain, we figured it would fix itself fairly quickly. Like I said, it has been over 2 weeks now. Becasue we are having to stay here because he has 1 year unaccompanied orders, we are supposed to be getting BAH for this area from the point of leaving Japan. I guess I don't understand how that can be any different. We HAVE to live somewhere.