Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pay question

1. Senior Member

pay question

Advertisements
    DH got to A-school a few weeks ago and he was warned that he may be overpaid this pay period. Even though what was deposited yesterday is within a $100 range of what he got while in boot camp, if he was overpaid...how does that work? DH thinks they'll just pull the money out without warning. Is that true?

Sorry, I meant if they could take it out of our personal bank account! I should've been clearer about that.
    Last edited by happenings; 07-14-2012 at 05:55 PM.

2. Together, Apart, Together, Apart .. its the Navy
    Together, Apart, Together, Apart .. its the Navy
    yeah they normally do that.

ut some people have been lucky and they have advance warning.
    Florida girl in a Snowy World
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    If it's a minimal amount they may just adjust it on his EOM LES and his EOM pay would be less the difference. But they have been known to pull it out.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickels View Post
    yeah they normally do that.

ut some people have been lucky and they have advance warning.
    Ok thank you! At least now I'm prepared and won't freak out if I see money missing

Quote Originally Posted by LynnAFWife View Post
    If it's a minimal amount they may just adjust it on his EOM LES and his EOM pay would be less the difference. But they have been known to pull it out.
    Oh that's good to know too. Thank you!

5. Senior Member
    Pull it out of his personal bank account? If so, I had no idea they were allowed to do that without notifying the person.
  6. Together, Apart, Together, Apart .. its the Navy
    Together, Apart, Together, Apart .. its the Navy
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach View Post
    Pull it out of his personal bank account? If so, I had no idea they were allowed to do that without notifying the person.
    no sorry I should have made it clearer... they can take it out of his next pay with out notifing him.

So if it is the 1/2 LES you have no way of knowing other than oooo hunny look at that mini paycheck your getting.

If its big amounts they normally take it out over several pay checks if they can.
    Florida girl in a Snowy World
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickels View Post
    no sorry I should have made it clearer... they can take it out of his next pay with out notifing him.
    So if it is the 1/2 LES you have no way of knowing other than oooo hunny look at that mini paycheck your getting.

If its big amounts they normally take it out over several pay checks if they can.
    Oops, I meant take it out of our personal bank account. Sorry for not clarifying! And thank you for the info.

8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I know someone who had an entire direct deposit retracted. But it was an incredibly large amount, and was done within 24 hours of the deposit. And they (DFAS) retracted the entire amount of the deposit, not just the error. So that may have been why they where able to do it. They did correct the problem very quickly.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnAFWife View Post
    I know someone who had an entire direct deposit retracted. But it was an incredibly large amount, and was done within 24 hours of the deposit. And they (DFAS) retracted the entire amount of the deposit, not just the error. So that may have been why they where able to do it. They did correct the problem very quickly.
    I would raise hell if DFAS took money out of our account that we didn't authorize!
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I would raise hell if DFAS took money out of our account that we didn't authorize!
    I would too. I couldn't believe it when she told me. They did get their corrected pay very quickly but still, I would have been pissed.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast