Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Military i.d

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Military i.d

Advertisements
    My husband will be leaving to ft. benning in a month and they said I had to go to the main office to get my I'd. My question is since he needs to take our marriage license and birth certificates with him do they get sent back or can I just show up with my original license?

Posted from MilitarySOS.com App for Android
  2. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    You don't send them in. And you have to go with him because they take your picture.

You have to take your original marriage license, birth certificate, social security card & picture ID with you. No copies. They wont take them away from you.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by williamswifey31 View Post
    My husband will be leaving to ft. benning in a month and they said I had to go to the main office to get my I'd. My question is since he needs to take our marriage license and birth certificates with him do they get sent back or can I just show up with my original license?

You just have to show your documents when you get your id, they won't be sent anywhere for the military id card.

I'd also like to ask you to read this thread: MSOS App *Update* regarding the app available in the Android Market. We are encouraging people to not use the app, as it has no affiliation with this site.

Thanks!
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed

You just have to show your documents when you get your id, they won't be sent anywhere for the military id card.

I'd also like to ask you to read this thread: MSOS App *Update* regarding the app available in the Android Market. We are encouraging people to not use the app, as it has no affiliation with this site.

Thanks!
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Thanks!
  6. Senior Member
    If he is just now shipping to Basic, then yes, he will take your documents with him. He will send you them after he completes reception, and at that time you can go get your ID at whatever base is closest to you, no matter the branch. It took a couple of weeks to get my documents back when my husband was at Ft Benning.
  7. Banned
    Banned
    if he is just shipping off DO NOT LET HIM TAKE YOUR ORIGINALS-- he does not need them he only needs copies!!!
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    if he is just shipping off DO NOT LET HIM TAKE YOUR ORIGINALS-- he does not need them he only needs copies!!!
    DH was told he had to have my originals.