Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: srb question

1. Senior Member

Confused srb question

Advertisements
    My hubs reenlisted dec 07 got a nice lump some of srb a couple weeks after and then got another In oct 08. he reup for 6 yrs so my question Is will he be getting another this oct? he Is reenlisting again this dec and was just curious cause he Is saying he doesnt think he Is getting an Installment In oct and I have no clue haha. I did a search and found some Info but I couldnt figure It out
  2. The LDR that never ends..
    The LDR that never ends..
    My DB recently signed his papers to inform them he wouldn't reenlist, they offered him a nice sum of monies to try to encourage him to stay in. I think they'll offer it to your DH but it could vary since DB is Army not Navy.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyGirlfriend-x View Post
    My DB recently signed his papers to inform them he wouldn't reenlist, they offered him a nice sum of monies to try to encourage him to stay in. I think they'll offer it to your DH but it could vary since DB is Army not Navy.
    I know my post was hard to read I am on my cell phone posting sorry

as of right now there Is a srb for my hubs rate If he reups In dec. so we are keeping our fingers crossed It stay that way haha

I was wondering If his last renlistment bonus has ran out or If he will be getting a Installment In oct?

thanks for answering though
  4. Banned
    Banned
    it depends on how the contract reads- some are paid in yearly installments, some are paid 1/2 at the time of enlistment and then the balance a year later. Some are paid all at once at the time of enlistment.
    your DH needs to look at his contract to see what his says
  5. You are here.
    You are here.
    is it a six year reenlistment? i think the last year they may not get one because the last payment was the last one until he reenlists again? when dh had his srb the last one payment was always the one the year before he reenlisted. but i'm not sure because your SO's is in december, thats throwing me off. DH always reenlisted either in sept or oct
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Frybread View Post
    is it a six year reenlistment? i think the last year they may not get one because the last payment was the last one until he reenlists again? when dh had his srb the last one payment was always the one the year before he reenlisted. but i'm not sure because your SO's is in december, thats throwing me off. DH always reenlisted either in sept or oct
    that is why i am so confused lol i saw previous threads stating the same thing about not getting 1 the last yr of re enlistment but him being in dec is not being mind friendly haha

thank you for the replies back.
  7. Member
    Definitely check the contract b/c it varies - we've done it different both times LOL! 1/2 up front then the remainder spread evenly over the years of re-up and also all at once. His last was in April '10 and we took 1/2 up front then got installment in Oct '10, Oct '11 and we will get one Oct '12. It was a 6yr re-up so we'll only get one more in Oct '13 and be done.

So, if he did Dec '10 (just using random date) and got 1/2, then again in Oct '11, Oct '12 if he re-upped for 6 years the last one would be in Oct '14 I believe?