Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: TriCare question

1. 11.21.09<3
    11.21.09<3

Confused TriCare question

Advertisements
    I had a really bad bladder infection about 2 weeks ago and I ended up having to go to after hours urgent care place. They take TriCare and a few of my co workers have gone there before and used TriCare never having any issue. Anyways, I got my "this is not a bill, but you may be billed" thing from TriCare, but figured it would be covered because of hearing others having it covered. Today I got a bill from the urgent care place, so I called them to see what was wrong and she said that the insurance denied it because "the dependent is not eligible". I honestly have no idea what that even means hahaha. DH is going to the TriCare office on base Monday to see what's going on, and hopefully get it fixed. I'll pay it if it's not covered, I just don't understand how it could be covered for one spouse and not another. Anyone else ever have any issues like this?
  2. ...
    Are you on Prime or Standard?
  3. 11.21.09<3
    11.21.09<3
    I'm on the full one, I can't remember which one that is, hah. We had a problem with it when we first got married because I didn't have the full one, which was fine and we paid for it, but that was 2+ years ago. I haven't had a problem with it sense, DH thinks it's probably just a billing mess up but I really have no idea.
  4. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    I'm guessing you have Prime if it's the "full one".

Did you call Tricare afterwards & tell them that you had to go to urgent care? If not, that might have messed something up.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  5. 11.21.09<3
    11.21.09<3
    Quote Originally Posted by Rissa*Rawr View Post
    I'm guessing you have Prime if it's the "full one".

Did you call Tricare afterwards & tell them that you had to go to urgent care? If not, that might have messed something up.
    Hmmm I didn't call them after I went, I wonder if that's what happened. Thank you!
  6. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

If the place you went to isn't near a military base, they might have just filed the claim wrongly as well. I've had to use TriCare in my parents' city and the clinic told me that they aren't used to TriCare and that filing claims with them is very different than filing claims with other companies. I actually got denied for my treatment because of some kind of error on their part, after I called them I got it fixed though.