Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reimbursement Question?

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Help Reimbursement Question?

Advertisements
    Okay just cuz I dont know how this works. They are going to reimburse us for both of our plane tickets, for our hotel stay, and we will also get DLA. It didnt say we were getting TLE, they just told him they needed the hotel receipt and they would reimburse for that...? Also they said as soon as we secure a house we will get the DLA payment. Will all this be reimbursed on pay day? or do they reimburse as they get the paperwork done? Just confused on how this works....
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AMarineLovesMe View Post
    Okay just cuz I dont know how this works. They are going to reimburse us for both of our plane tickets, for our hotel stay, and we will also get DLA. It didnt say we were getting TLE, they just told him they needed the hotel receipt and they would reimburse for that...? Also they said as soon as we secure a house we will get the DLA payment. Will all this be reimbursed on pay day? or do they reimburse as they get the paperwork done? Just confused on how this works....
    Did you just PCS? You will get the actual cost of your hotel and a food allowance for the two of you for the time you were in the hotel (TLE). I've never heard of needing to secure a house to get DLA, we always got it automatically when he applied during inprocessing. I have heard that with MIHA though. I think our travel money got dropped separate, but TLA comes in our paycheck (we just got a huge chunk on this paycheck. I hope it goes smoothly.
  3. Regular Member
    I know overseas it was all in the check, but since we have been in the states it all came separate like a few days after the paperwork he filed online was approved. We didn't have to have a house either to get the DLA since it was to help the moving expenses that we would have.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Yes, we've been in the hotel for 4 days. ....

Online paperwork? They didn't say anything about online paperwork to dh...
  5. Regular Member
    I don't know how it is at other bases but at Langley (depending on amount of time in service) all the travel documents are done on the computer. It is much faster.
  6. Senior Member
    Did they maybe say OHA? Are you living in housing or out in town?
  7. Senior Member
    Are you sure they are going to reimburse your plane ticket? Typically, they only pay for flights when flying to/from OCONUS. I didn't think you were OCONUS.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dekeoboe View Post
    Are you sure they are going to reimburse your plane ticket? Typically, they only pay for flights when flying to/from OCONUS. I didn't think you were OCONUS.
    They will pay for driving or flights when you PCS but not both. Since most people choose to drive to have a vehicle that is the way that you usually hear about. They paid for my plane ticket a few months ago when my dh's orders changed from temporary to permanent. He already had his vehicle at our duty station since he had been here on orders for a year.

We got my tickets from the SATO office and had to take in the receipt for reimbursement when I arrived at the new duty station.
    http://militarysos.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8121&dateline=1213248817 TAKEN AT NISQUALLY WILDLIFE PRESERVE
  9. Senior Member
    I didn't think you were OCONUS. >>

Oh, I asked about OHA based on the "japan" under the avatar. If you are CONUS, disregard.
  10. Banned
    Banned
    if you flew they should have paid for your plane tickets, if you paid for them your self - you will need to send it paperwork with reciepts to be reimbursed.

for the TLE; you are allowed 10 days total. you will pay for this in advance ( as you use it) and then send in reciepts and get reimbursed; however there is a cap per night for your location and you will only be reimbursed up to that cap for the hotel ( example: your room is 99 a night , the max room rate is 77 you will only get the 77 for the room,not the 99)

for the DLA you do not need to be in a house to get this, more than 1/2 of all members get this allowance before even departing the old duty station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast