Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Someone please help me quick!

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Someone please help me quick!

Advertisements
    Hi! I am confuzzled. DB and I are getting married tomorrow because we want to be able to live together on base at his duty station. I thought he would be able to take our marriage documents to his duty station and set everything up for us. I saw a post where it was stated I had to be enrolled in DEERS first and had to be present for that. I'm not going with him right now. Do I need a military ID to be on his BAH? There is an office nearby where I think I can get an ID. I wasn't worried about being on Tricare right now because I'm not moving right away and I have my own insurance. I just want to be able to live with him. I only have a couple days before he leaves so I need to figure this out first! Please help me! Thank you!!

“It always seems impossible until it's done.”
    ― Nelson Mandela
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Got ahold of someone at the DFAS. Think I got it figured out.

― Nelson Mandela
  3. Senior Member
    He can add you in DEERS without you there... with the right paperwork you can get an ID at a base closer to you, just call. Tricare is secondary insurance so it won't effect your current medical insurance at all except to cover some of your normal out of pocket costs.
  4. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by danik View Post
    Hi! I am confuzzled. DB and I are getting married tomorrow because we want to be able to live together on base at his duty station. I thought he would be able to take our marriage documents to his duty station and set everything up for us. I saw a post where it was stated I had to be enrolled in DEERS first and had to be present for that. I'm not going with him right now. Do I need a military ID to be on his BAH? There is an office nearby where I think I can get an ID. I wasn't worried about being on Tricare right now because I'm not moving right away and I have my own insurance. I just want to be able to live with him. I only have a couple days before he leaves so I need to figure this out first! Please help me! Thank you!!
    you do not need to be there when he puts you into DEERS. you do not need an ID card to get BAH, that will automatically start when he puts you into the system

however tricare will also be automatic, you will need to call them after your enrolled and tell them they will be secondary and notify your insurance co of the secondary insurance.

make sure he takes a copy of your marriage license ( the one signed by the judge -- not the one you get the day you get married) a copies of your SSN and Birth certificate- he will need these to get you enrolles.

also if he is living in the barracks, when he starts the BAH they may ask him to leave or they may ask him to start paying for his room.
    his status will change from single to married and married members need special permission to live in the barracks
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Thank you!!

― Nelson Mandela