Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I have a question about my husbands pay??

1. Regular Member

Help I have a question about my husbands pay??

Advertisements
    Okay so my husband is currently at USAF BMT. His first paycheck was for 390$ and then he also had 400$ taken out of that for his pre-paid card they get when they first get to BMT for like soap and what not. We got his second paycheck yesterday and that was for 1300. Does that paycheck include his pay and the months worth of BAH? I live in tampa so our BAH is 1300 and I know that is split into two and you get half during each paycheck and so 650$ a paycheck plus his normal pay...1300 seems right for the bah plus pay, but it doesnt seem right as far as back pay goes because we should have gotten a whole month of BAH plus normal pay on this paycheck...

Does that make sense at all? haha I'm just confused as to what was on that paycheck and want to know if he gets refunded the BAH that wasn't on the first paycheck...HELP!!
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I can't look things up right now, I'm currently traveling and on my phone.

Pay will be weird for the first few paychecks. It takes time for pay and allowances to get settled down.

He will get back pay for anything that is missed. Back pay may take 30 days or more to show up though.

Does he have mypay set up yet? Have you seen one of his LES's?
  3. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnAFWife View Post
    I can't look things up right now, I'm currently traveling and on my phone.

Pay will be weird for the first few paychecks. It takes time for pay and allowances to get settled down.

He will get back pay for anything that is missed. Back pay may take 30 days or more to show up though.

Does he have mypay set up yet? Have you seen one of his LES's?
    I wrote him in a letter and asked if he had mypay set up and I don't even know what an LES is hahah. I added the BAH and his regular pay for an E-1 with under 4 months up and divided by two and it was almost spot on what his paycheck was so I just think he hasn't gotten the back pay yet maybe and that this most recent paycheck was what it normally will be? I have no idea...
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by katelouise92 View Post
    I wrote him in a letter and asked if he had mypay set up and I don't even know what an LES is hahah. I added the BAH and his regular pay for an E-1 with under 4 months up and divided by two and it was almost spot on what his paycheck was so I just think he hasn't gotten the back pay yet maybe and that this most recent paycheck was what it normally will be? I have no idea...

Ok, sorry about that. An LES Is his Leave and Earnings Statement, basically a pay stub.

I checked the tables, his base pay as an E1 is $1491 and the BAH for Tampa for an E1 with dependents is $1365, so no, it doesn't sound like everything has kicked in yet. It could take at least one more check if he's gotten two already, possible two more.

You will get back pay for anything that hasn't kicked in yet, though.
  5. Regular Member
    Ok, sorry about that. An LES Is his Leave and Earnings Statement, basically a pay stub.

I checked the tables, his base pay as an E1 is $1491 and the BAH for Tampa for an E1 with dependents is $1365, so no, it doesn't sound like everything has kicked in yet. It could take at least one more check if he's gotten two already, possible two more.

You will get back pay for anything that hasn't kicked in yet, though.
    okay awesome! Thank you so much!
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Ok, just thought of something. The last paycheck would have been midmonth pay for June. The first check would have been a prorated check for the time in May he was active duty.

He will get pay and BAH for any days in May that he was active duty. He will probably also get uniform money allowance here soon as well. Without seeing the LES and knowing the acronyms for the allowances its going to be a little hard to know.

. I know all of this is confusing. Pay will be unpredictable for a while. But he will get backpay!
  7. Regular Member
    Ok, just thought of something. The last paycheck would have been midmonth pay for June. The first check would have been a prorated check for the time in May he was active duty.

He will get pay and BAH for any days in May that he was active duty. He will probably also get uniform money allowance here soon as well. Without seeing the LES and knowing the acronyms for the allowances its going to be a little hard to know.

. I know all of this is confusing. Pay will be unpredictable for a while. But he will get backpay!
    Ahh okay hopefully I will get a call or letter someday soon so he can give me piece of mind, although he is new to it too so he is probably just as confused haha. I really want to have enough to move out to Texas for his tech school in August so hopefully it all gets here before then He left May 22 so he had like 9 days on his first paycheck which I assume is why it was so little.

Does the LES get mailed to our home in Florida? or does he get that in BMT.

Thank you for being so helpful though...I wish I had a 'what to expect when you're husband leaves for basic' book hahah! I feel totally lost all the time. Me trying to get my military ID and tricare set up was extremely comical. Can't wait until I get used to things...
  8. Banned
    Banned
    the LES is all on line at Mypay.

the pay is paid retroactively- on the 15th and the first. BAH is paid the same way-

the paydays are from 1st-15th and the 15th to 30 (31st)/

BAH is paid the same way- paid 1/2 on the 15th of the current month and the balance the following first ( may BAH paid may 15 and the balance june 1st)

HTH's
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by katelouise92 View Post
    I really want to have enough to move out to Texas for his tech school in August
    How long is his tech school?
  10. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dekeoboe View Post
    How long is his tech school?
    It's 22 weeks. I was told if it's longer then 20 weeks I can move out there for it, but I don't think he will be allowed to live with me
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast