Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many times do I have to fill this out??

1. Banned
    Banned

Grumpy How many times do I have to fill this out??

Advertisements

[This is kind of a vent, but I mainly want this question answered, so that's why I put it here versus in Vents]

I love Tricare, I really do. But how many times do I have to fill out that OHI (Other Health Insurance) questionnaire?? I've already gone down to the Tricare office on post, and filled this out and submitted it. I HAD secondary health insurance, but that was terminated on 4/1. That's when I filled out the OHI.

Now I just got TWO more of them in the mail, dated 5/31 and 6/1! Do I have to fill out this shit every 2 months or what?!

I'm so freaking sick of them not paying my claims because they think I have other insurance. I DON'T! I'VE ALREADY TOLD YOU THIS MULTIPLE TIMES!!!!

2. cuz i'm wonderful
    cuz i'm wonderful
    I'm sorry, honey. That's annoying as shit.
  3. Senior Member
    This happened to me too, sooo annoying! I do appreciate Tricare but I have had so many problems with billing and claims it's not even funny.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    you should try to scan it, make it a PDF and just fill it out and then print and re-send when you need too! Or ya know, they could get it in the system the first time so you don't have to keep doing that... I think you may have better luck with the first suggestion.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Eleventy billion times. When you have C, you will have to fill it out seventy billion times.

I have been filling out that darn form since they started it before almost every appointment the kids and I have ever had. They claim they don't have a record of it ever being filled out. We have never had any other insurance!

They use to give you a card at some MTF's to prove you had filled out the form before. They would just tell me "That's interesting, we still don't have the form, so fill this out real quick"
  6. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    I still fill that form out from time to time, and I have never had secondary insurance in the 8 1/2 years being on Tricare. It gets even better with kids...LOL!
  7. Twin Wrangler Extraordinaire
    Twin Wrangler Extraordinaire
    I had to fill it out several times for my kids because they had other insurance before my husband and I were married and they still f#$ed it up. I found out THREE YEARS after we were married that Tricare had denied every. single. claim. for me and the twins. Every check up, an ER visit for one of them, check ups for me, prescriptions for all of us, the whole nine yards. I flipped my lid on Tricare. When I called them they said they kept billing the other insurance and they weren't paying it. I had informed them several times that the previous insurance was cancelled and Tricare was primary for all of us. For me, they said I had different insurance 10 years ago. Yes, 10 years ago. WTF that had to do with anything was beyond me.

So yah, just keep filling it out and sending it back. Or like someone said, scan it so you can just reprint it. Might want to call and double check too.
  8. Senior Member
    For 27 years, lol.....
  9. Banned
    Banned
    Oh lordy.

Well, I guess I'm going to go to fill it out, go to the library, and make about 11 bazillion copies.

Tricare is fun.

ETA: I bet this is why we got an L&D bill for nearly $400.
  10. Banned
    Banned
    I figured it out!

It was my OB's office. For SOME REASON, they sent in a claim to BC/BS in May. So that caused it to pop up on Tricare's end. The lady I spoke to said that my doctor's office just needs to call them and be like "yeah, that was a mistake. Our bad" and then I don't have to fill it out again!

I still may fill out the majority of it, and leave the signature/date blank for future use though. It sounds like I'll need it later on.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast