Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Reserve UTA requirements

1. Regular Member

Reserve UTA requirements

Advertisements
    Not sure where to put this so I'll start here. DH is on his second stint as a reservist after a 10 year break in service. He is due to deploy soon. While away he will miss a few drill weekends. He is under the impression that he will have to make up those weekends when he returns. Does anyone have experience with this?? How long do you think they have to make them up?? He will have some leave time when he returns can he use the leave time to make up missed UTA's??

It seems a bit "unfair" (not sure what term to use but unfair is close) to make him drill 4 or 5 weeks in a row after a deployment.
  2. Banned
    Banned
    I do not think this is true, because he will be "drilling full time" - DH never had to make up drills when he deployed- he was CG reserve. I don't think it is different for other reserves.
  3. Regular Member
    Our understanding is that the drill's are for training only and they can't train in a "war" zone. I do know that his annual tour was during a drill weekend and he did have to make that one up.

When he was airforce reserve, they did have to make up drills while they were deployed, but that was pre 911 and in a day when they were rearly called up for long. His previous deployments we 30 and 45 days maybe shorter. Again a totally different time.

It seems the ANG might be a little more relaxed or that policies might have changed since deployments are routinely longer and also more frequent.