Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Interesting info on MetLife (dental)

1. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"

Interesting info on MetLife (dental)

Advertisements
    Found out something interesting today regarding MetLife and dental. My dentist office called me (they do not take MetLife), but said that because they are out of network I can still use them and it wouldn't cost me anything extra. Reason being, their fees are super low.

She said that with many places the fees that are charged with after applying any insurance would still put them out of the range for TricareDental thus costing the patient a lot of money. My dentist happens to charge super low fees, so even with insurance paid to them, their fees are still well below the range.

I think/hope I explained that right.

So, my suggestion, before you switch dentists, call them to see if it will cost anything extra for out of network.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  2. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

I know our dentist is still in the process of switching over and said they will not put in claims or charge us anything until it is done

3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Thanks! I love my dentist. I was super stressed he wasn't going to be covered, but just got accepted. He charges the same way except is not super low . I don't mind because my mouth is like Gotham City and he is my Batman.
  4. Senior Member

Did you call Met Life and ask them? I am just worried because in my experience I have gone to a out of network provider and they paid nothing to the place.
  5. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Quote Originally Posted by decks89 View Post
    Did you call Met Life and ask them? I am just worried because in my experience I have gone to a out of network provider and they paid nothing to the place.
    Not yet, but my dentist has a lot of military members. She said she did all the research and such because they would end up losing a lot of their clientele. But I do intend to look it up myself.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

My dentist was supposed to be in network but wasn't and met life refused all payments. Be careful going out of network.
  7. Senior Member
    I use Metlife through my fathers insurance and I've been screwed numerous times. I've spent way more on my procedures after being told my dentist was in network and then found out he was actually out of network. Going out of network can be VERY pricey. I would speak with Metlife.
    Double Ring Proposal 10/5/2011 made Augusta my MSOS wifey
    skp is my rockin' Cali pal
    No more ticker!!! Deployment #2 is over