Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tricare

1. Junior Member

Tricare

Advertisements
    If I enroll the day my husband becomes active, will I be covered straight away??
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Is your information already in DEERS or does he have to do that after he's activated?

You are covered once you're in DEERS. You are DEERS eligible once he's active. It's just a matter of getting you into the system. Has his ROTC detachment gotten any of your information to start the paperwork?
  3. Senior Member
    Your coverage begins on the first of the following month, or the month after depending on the day you enroll. I may be wrong but I believe the cut off day is the 20th, I'll check on that for you. So if you enroll by June 20th you will be covered starting July 1st, if you enroll June 21st, you will be covered August 1st.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by maegan View Post
    Your coverage begins on the first of the following month, or the month after depending on the day you enroll. I may be wrong but I believe the cut off day is the 20th, I'll check on that for you. So if you enroll by June 20th you will be covered starting July 1st, if you enroll June 21st, you will be covered August 1st.
    I think that only applies to changing the type of coverage (Prime, Standard). I think you're covered by one or the other immediately upon enrollment in DEERS.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnAFWife View Post
    I think that only applies to changing the type of coverage (Prime, Standard). I think you're covered by one or the other immediately upon enrollment in DEERS.
    You're right! What I was told, now that I think about it some more, was that before the first of the following month I could go to the doctor but would likely have to pay out of pocket for it and be reimbursed. They said the coverage would be back dated to the day that I enrolled but that I may not be recognized by the system before that.

Sorry, OP! I was mistaken.
  6. Junior Member
    Thanks I am able to be registered in DEERS the day that my husband EAD's - July 4th! lol - we'll be pcsing but since we'll be passing through Davis Monthan AFB thought we'd stop by there and get registered
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamzyn View Post
    Thanks I am able to be registered in DEERS the day that my husband EAD's - July 4th! lol - we'll be pcsing but since we'll be passing through Davis Monthan AFB thought we'd stop by there and get registered
    Call them before you go in. With holidays and family days and long weekends and "training days the first Friday of the month", I would hate for you to go and find out they're closed. By mid-June they should know the holiday schedule and manning for that first week in July!
  8. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

Just a question... You are PCSing with him, are you on his orders? You have to be in DEERS before you can be on his orders

9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Their situation is wonky because he's an ROTC cadet entering active duty. But I'm sure she can explain it better than that!
  10. Junior Member
    Thanks In regards to PCS orders, when a member enters active duty through AFROTC, dependents are not listed on orders. The way it works is that we both PCS to his first duty station, and they are amended at that duty station (t actually states that this is the process on his orders). We will still get paid per diem, malt ect for me because we need to wait for the orders to be amended before my husband submits his travel voucher. It's really annoying, but that's the way they deal with dependents etc from ROTC! lol! You see, I cant go into DEERS before he EADS, and he EADS the date we need to start PCSing!

And we'll definitely call them before going in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast