Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Tricare coverage after marriage

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Tricare coverage after marriage

Advertisements
    So my DH and I got married in December but he didn't enroll me in DEERS until recently, if I file a claim will tricare pay for medical expenses I had before I was enrolled? Thank you for your help, I'm still kind of confused how this all works.
  2. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    No. You are not enrolled in Tricare until you are enrolled in DEERS. So anything prior to DEERS, is not covered by Tricare.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by snwbirdy View Post
    So my DH and I got married in December but he didn't enroll me in DEERS until recently, if I file a claim will tricare pay for medical expenses I had before I was enrolled? Thank you for your help, I'm still kind of confused how this all works.

For most insurance, the answer would be no, because the eligibility date isn't what's important; it's the enroll date. However, Tricare might be different. If no one here can answer, I'm sure Tricare could give you answer very quickly if you give them a quick call. I would be prepared for a "no" though.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  4. Senior Member
    I would call; I do think your DEERS eligibility will be back dated to when you were actually eligible. I know my dd didn’t enroll for over a month after she got married, but her’s was retroactive to the date of their marriage. Not sure how that works in regards to Tricare.
  5. Regular Member
    ours back dated to the date of our marriage, but call or email and ask tricare.