Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Enrolling in DEERS

1. C Squared
    C Squared

Enrolling in DEERS

Advertisements
    Hello ladies, I have a quick question for you all. I'm sure it's probably been asked before, but I can't find anything at the moment. My DF and I will be getting married in June when he comes homes on R&R. He'll only be home for those 2 weeks and we're not sure if we're going to be able to get to an office to enroll me in DEERS since I can only take one week off from work. My question is does my spouse, once we're married, have to be there with me in order to enroll? Or can I go to the office once I have a chance after he returns to his deployment? I'm guessing this sounds like a silly question and I'm pretty sure you all are going to tell me he does, but I figured I'd give it a shot.

TIA!

" i'm ready to come home. i just wanna get home. i love having you at my disposal" DH
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    It can be done, but you need to call the base you will be going to and ask them what you need to bring. Different offices require different things... generally you will need 2-3 forms of ID, marriage license, POA, and he will need to fill out a specific form.

I enrolled myself and all I needed was the form, a notarized letter from him, 2 forms of ID, and our marriage license.
  3. Banned
    Banned
    this varies by branch and PITA is correct, call the base near you to find out.
  4. I got soul but I'm not a soldier ♥
    I got soul but I'm not a soldier ♥
    It is possible with a POA/DD form (forgot exactly which one) that your DF will have to fill out. As PITA mentioned, the required documents vary by branch, but I remember having to bring that POA/DD form, 2 forms of ID, original marriage certificate, birth certificate, my SS card and I think I had to know my DH's SSN, too. But again, it varies by branch, so I would call and ask just to be sure. And congratulations on your upcoming marriage
  5. C Squared
    C Squared
    Thank you ladies! I'm really trying to get this done with DF since he'll (hopefully) have a better idea of how this whole process works. I would rather have him there with me since he's my sponsor and all. But I will definitely make a call before I go up there and make sure I have all the proper documentation.

" i'm ready to come home. i just wanna get home. i love having you at my disposal" DH