Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Base Housing question

1. Senior Member

Base Housing question

Advertisements
    What are the rules about living in base housing if the military member and his wife are currently living apart?

What if it is not a permanent seperation, but for only a few months? Would he need to vacate base housing?

A friend needs to go back home (TX) because of her father's illness. She doesn't know how long she will be there and is worried her DH will get in trouble for living in base housing alone. Is there a minimum amount of days that will allow her to be away?
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    OK, they aren't legally separating, she's just going home to help out her dad?

It shouldn't be a problem at all. We had a neighbor in Idaho do the same thing. She was with her mom and dad for about two months before his death and stayed another three or four months helping her mother prepare the home for sale and to move.
  3. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnAFWife View Post

It shouldn't be a problem at all. We had a neighbor in Idaho do the same thing. She was with her mom and dad for about two months before his death and stayed another three or four months helping her mother prepare the home for sale and to move.

If they're not legally separating then there's no problem.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  4. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    The only time that might become an issue is if they were legally separating. DH and I live in on-base housing and I went back to my family in NY when I was pregnant for 6 months while he lived in our house, and it was never a problem.

5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnAFWife View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rissa*Rawr View Post

If they're not legally separating then there's no problem.
    She's only going home to help out, he's on hospice so it won't be more than a few months probably.

Thank you guys so much. I tried looking online but I really didn't find anything except rules and regulations for housing. She was scared to ask around base because in the event they did need to move out.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  6. Senior Member
    I know a guy that's wife lived back home he was aloud to get a house until she eventually comes months from now