Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: doctors

1. Senior Member

doctors

Advertisements
    As far as my husband once he's in the service and done with the bootcamp and stuff how does he get a doctor? does he choose out of a list or do they choose? My husband is like me he doesnt like going to a doctor for a physical if the doctor is of the opposite gender. I prefer a female for that stuff to so I know how he feels about not wanting a female doctor. I told him I dont think the military forces you to see a doctor of the opposite sex for a scheduled visit it would be different if it were an emergency ya know? But I told him I would ask you guys and try to find out. Any help would be great. He feels stupid asking himself LOL so I said I'd be stupid for him
  2. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    For my hubby, there's a doc assigned to the boat(submarine). If it's something "serious" then the boat doc will refer hubby to the squadron doc. It's kinda like taking things up the chain of command...
    If it's an emergency, then we notify the boat doc on the way to the ER.
  3. Senior Member
    but say its just a routine checkup? would they assign a female to male patients?
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    It depends. If he's on a ship then he would see the corpsman or the doctor on the ship. If it's a female doctor then that is who he would see. If he's assigned to a base then he would see the active duy clinic on the base. With active duty it works differently than it does dependants.
    Visit my Etsy shop - All Ribboned Out
    Guy meets girl
    TK
    As my kids would say, "you get what you get, and you don't throw a fit". Active duty doesn't have much of a choice. At least they can get seen same-day (usually).
  6. AFWife05
    My husband is Air Force and he doesn't get a choice! We're assigned to the Gold Team and whatever doctor he gets...he gets. I on the other hand, chose my doctor! Even though I can't go off base, I can still chose if I want to go back to that same doctor the next time. Sucks for AD though!
  7. NavyWife725
    Quote Originally Posted by peatys girl View Post
    As my kids would say, "you get what you get, and you don't throw a fit". Active duty doesn't have much of a choice. At least they can get seen same-day (usually).
    Oh yeah - that is pretty much how it works. We are lucky here, cause we (dependants) can get in a program with Johns Hopkins. (Baltimore area) So, my kids and I see the same Dr's all the time, and we love them. DH is not so lucky. You should see if your area has any programs with area health care groups for yourself.