Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Naval Pharmacy

1. Regular Member

Naval Pharmacy

Advertisements
    Question: Can I just go to any naval pharmacy and get my perscription filled for free or is there co-pay as well?

I just moved to the US and have been using Rite-Aid and the girl told me for the amount of co-pay at the retail pharmacies it's cheaper for me to go to a Naval Pharmacy.

Is that right? pls advise!!!!

Canada will always be home
  2. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    The way it's always worked for me on base, is that in order to get a prescription at a military pharmacy, a military doctor has to put the order in. It's not like at a regular pharmacy where you hand them a slip. They scan your ID and if there's a prescription waiting to be filled, or a refill in the system, they'll get it for you. Also, at a military pharmacy there is no copay, it's free.

3. Looking for the sunshine...
    Looking for the sunshine...

It doesn't have to be a military MD. As long as the MD has rx writing privileges they will honor it.
    Also, look into the mail in pharmacy. You can get 3 mos worth of the rx for the cost of one month co-pay.
  4. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayo View Post
    It doesn't have to be a military MD. As long as the MD has rx writing privileges they will honor it.
    Also, look into the mail in pharmacy. You can get 3 mos worth of the rx for the cost of one month co-pay.
    Learn something new every day When I had tried that when I first moved on base, they'd told me they couldn't do it I love misinformation

5. Looking for the sunshine...
    Looking for the sunshine...

Quote Originally Posted by *IGrowPeople* View Post
    Learn something new every day When I had tried that when I first moved on base, they'd told me they couldn't do it I love misinformation
    Sometimes certain meds aren't carried in the system...

http://www.tricare.mil/mybenefit/Pro...litaryPharmacy

I know my DD gets her BC precribed by the health dept and the Coast Guard base fills them. Also my MD writes mine and they will fill it. I like the mail in pharmacy. My MD wrote me a year's worth and they dole it out in 90 day increments.
  6. Senior Member

Yeah, I have a civi PCM and she gives me written Rx's and I take them on base to be filled. I can go to any base pharmacy and it's free.
  7. Senior Member
    I am starting to think it depends on the base & how lazy the pharmacy is. When I went to fill my BC the pharmacy wouldn't fill it unless it was from a Doctor at that command. Even though my prescription wasn't up for a good 6 months. I had just moved from HI to WA and they had my records. So I would just go in and see what your local military pharmacy says about transferring your prescription over.
  8. Senior Member
    Love MTF pharmacies!

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - President Ronald Reagan