Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Dental coverage for orthodontics?

  1. Lex Justo BAMF Patriot Guard Rider!
    Adrianne's Avatar
    Adrianne is offline
    Lex Justo BAMF Patriot Guard Rider!
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in the cold wastelands of MN
    Posts
    9,096
    #1

    Confused Dental coverage for orthodontics?

    Advertisements
    Currently we are under the Reserve aspect, but once DH receives and submits his hard copy deployment orders, we will be switched to the AD deployment benefits.

    I cannot for the life of me understand half of what the benefits booklet says so I'm hoping someone will be able to translate for me.

    Are invisilign braces covered? If not, how much if any is covered? I cannot have metal braces because of my job. Safety hazard.

    Are veneers covered? If not, how much if any is covered?

    Can anyone shed some light here?



    I'm 23.

    I also have Preferred One coverage through my mom and Delta Dental through my dad. (Yes, I have three health/dental coverages. Thanks ObamaCare)
    I've been known as
    "The Enforcer" and NavyHeart


    Once more into the fray...
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live or die on this day...
    Live and die on this day.

  2. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    GlitterQueen's Avatar
    GlitterQueen is offline
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    12,434
    #2
    in my experience they're only covered if you're 24 and under by tri care


  3. Lex Justo BAMF Patriot Guard Rider!
    Adrianne's Avatar
    Adrianne is offline
    Lex Justo BAMF Patriot Guard Rider!
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in the cold wastelands of MN
    Posts
    9,096
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Miriah View Post
    in my experience they're only covered if you're 24 and under by tri care
    I'm 23
    I've been known as
    "The Enforcer" and NavyHeart


    Once more into the fray...
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live or die on this day...
    Live and die on this day.

  4. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    GlitterQueen's Avatar
    GlitterQueen is offline
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    12,434
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by "The Enforcer" View Post
    I'm 23
    oh okay. i know they cover them to an extent but i'm not sure how much. my friend got them at 23 and still has at 24 but now she has to pay out of pocket when she has to get remolded on the invisalign.


  5. Lex Justo BAMF Patriot Guard Rider!
    Adrianne's Avatar
    Adrianne is offline
    Lex Justo BAMF Patriot Guard Rider!
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in the cold wastelands of MN
    Posts
    9,096
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Miriah View Post
    oh okay. i know they cover them to an extent but i'm not sure how much. my friend got them at 23 and still has at 24 but now she has to pay out of pocket when she has to get remolded on the invisalign.
    Hmm, is there any possible way you could get a ballpark if your friend is comfortable sharing that (and if your comfortable asking). I've been wanting to get invisalign for a loooong time but my parents wouldn't. Now that I've gotten my wisdom yanked out, I'm eligible for braces and stuff. I've always been kinda embarrased by my crooked smile so I'd really like to look seriously into getting some work done. Especially while DH is gone.

    Also, was she under Reserve or AD united concordia?
    I've been known as
    "The Enforcer" and NavyHeart


    Once more into the fray...
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live or die on this day...
    Live and die on this day.

  6. You are here.
    Frybread's Avatar
    Frybread is offline
    You are here.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    23,977
    #6
    i'm not sure they cover veneers since most see it as cosmetic. I knew two ladies on another board who did invisalign but i think UC only covered a partial of it.
  7. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    GlitterQueen's Avatar
    GlitterQueen is offline
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    12,434
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by "The Enforcer" View Post
    Hmm, is there any possible way you could get a ballpark if your friend is comfortable sharing that (and if your comfortable asking). I've been wanting to get invisalign for a loooong time but my parents wouldn't. Now that I've gotten my wisdom yanked out, I'm eligible for braces and stuff. I've always been kinda embarrased by my crooked smile so I'd really like to look seriously into getting some work done. Especially while DH is gone.

    Also, was she under Reserve or AD united concordia?
    she's ad united concordia . but i will definitely ask her for you!


  8. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    GlitterQueen's Avatar
    GlitterQueen is offline
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    12,434
    #8
    okay she said hers cost a little less than 5,000$ and united concordia paid for less than 1000$ of that. but maybe you can get more since you have more than one insurance


  9. Lex Justo BAMF Patriot Guard Rider!
    Adrianne's Avatar
    Adrianne is offline
    Lex Justo BAMF Patriot Guard Rider!
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in the cold wastelands of MN
    Posts
    9,096
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Miriah View Post
    she's ad united concordia . but i will definitely ask her for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Miriah View Post
    okay she said hers cost a little less than 5,000$ and united concordia paid for less than 1000$ of that. but maybe you can get more since you have more than one insurance
    Ok, thanks! And um... ouch.
    I've been known as
    "The Enforcer" and NavyHeart


    Once more into the fray...
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live or die on this day...
    Live and die on this day.

  10. Senior Member
    azarmygf's Avatar
    azarmygf is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Me: AZ
    Posts
    14,447
    #10
    Not sure if other places have this, but here they have Groupons for Invisalign pretty frequently. Maybe they do in your area too?
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •