Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Money while in TLF (TLA)

1. Senior Member

Money while in TLF (TLA)

Advertisements
    So we're in TLF until June 1 (well as of now only May 18, but they'll either find us another unit or give us a non-availability letter). It's already been approved by the housing office and I know the days we can get is up to 60 overseas with approval. Do we get a meal rate while in lodging? I'm so confused by what I've read. Some people said the regs changed and we'll get the full meal rate, other places I read say we get 50% and then some extra for the 2 kids. Just trying to budget out groceries etc.
  2. Banned
    Banned
    from what I can tell from the JFTR they changed the meals rate to 100% if your in lodging with a kitchen- well what they did was removed the verbage. and they did that back in oct.

you will get the lodging rate dollar for dollar and then a meals rate for each person- for a family of 4 it should be about 70 dollars a day.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    from what I can tell from the JFTR they changed the meals rate to 100% if your in lodging with a kitchen- well what they did was removed the verbage. and they did that back in oct.

you will get the lodging rate dollar for dollar and then a meals rate for each person- for a family of 4 it should be about 70 dollars a day.
    Awesome! Thanks. That's what I thought but wasn't sure.