Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Calling upon the Ft Meade/Annapolis People...

1. Senior Member

Calling upon the Ft Meade/Annapolis People...

Advertisements
    I am in need of Tricare info for the area, have to get my prenatal care set up and stuff. Also, does anyone know, is it true we go to Bethesda? If so how long is the trip??

Thanks
  2. Senior Member
    bumpity bump
  3. Senior Member
    I'm pretty sure you have to go to Bethesda. I'm in DC, but I delivered at Bethesda and remember people from those areas in the classes and stuff. it's a pretty hefty drive - I think it's at least an hour from annapolis, not as far from ft meade. Bethesda is nice though, i really liked it there.
  4. ainsleys mommy
    Marla - I'm pretty sure you go to Bethesda. Depending on time of day, probably an hour, but here it all depends on traffic....
  5. dmhlmartin
    i switched to the united health care plan.. its just like tricare but you see cilivialn drs and alot of people from fort meade and the naval go there.. i loved my dr and it was only a 15 mins drive to the dr.s and only a half an hour when i went into labor... i would look into .. and you can always change back to tricare if you don't like them and there is no wait time..
  6. Senior Member
    My 2 biggest concerns are that I need to get seen soon, I'm almost 27 wks and at 28 need to get my big icky shot so I want to get in ASAP. Anyone have a phone number I could call??

Also, I prefer midwives above doctors...just my preferance...so it has to be avalible.
  7. Senior Member
    At Bethesda, they have midwives, but the people who see you for all your appointments are not the people who deliver you. I'm not sure you can request who will deliver you either. So that part I didn't like that much, but other than that it's a great hospital. i don't have a number handy though, sorry.