Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pay Advance?

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Confused Pay Advance?

Advertisements
    Has anyone ever gotten a month pay advance?? DH just deployed and with him suddenly leaving the Navy told him about a pay advance. So he put in the paper work a week ago. We have yet to get it. He talked to someone and they can't figure out if or when he will get it. How long does it take?? We're both going crazy being so broke!
  2. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    I didn't know you could get a pay advance. I would never want it though because then that would just screw us in the next month...

Good luck though.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Rissa*Rawr View Post
    I didn't know you could get a pay advance. I would never want it though because then that would just screw us in the next month...

Good luck though.
    Yea... that is what I was thinking. I hope it all works out for you!
  4. Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rissa*Rawr View Post

Good luck though.

Had no idea you could do that.. I never would..
    I would just get by until next pay day. As I do now.
    Rissa*Rawr is my Wifey as of 1/24/2012
  5. Senior Member

We did it once when he went out on his first patrol, we didnt share a bank account yet so we just paid off all the bills that we were going to have for the time period that he was gone. I think we got it pretty quickly but its been so long i cant remember.
  6. Senior Member
    We have never gotten one and personally it just doesn't sound like a good idea. If you are not able to make ends meet right now what will you do when your pay is cut in the future to make up for the pay advance? It just sounds like a dangerous cycle.

I would suggest yall sit down and go through your expenses and look at where your money is going and items that you might be able to cut out.
  7. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Well we have a year to pay it back and so it just takes out a smaller chunk of the paychecks. We do fine making ends meet on what his normal pay check was. As a civilian. He just got called to deploy with the reserves. I work as well. So with his income suddenly gone its just thrown our finances for a loop. We intend to save nearly all of his pay to buy a house when he returns. So its not like we can't afford how we live. Me and the kids are fine here but there's not a lot of money for him right now where he is. So I told him to get the advance since he wont be getting his first paycheck from the Navy until May 1st. So basically all of my paychecks for the next month have to go for bills daycare and things here. We don't have a whole lot after all of that to go to him for things. He still has to pay for all of his meals there and stuff but isn't being paid yet.
  8. Senior Member

My neighbors applied for a pay advance due to financial strains and difficulties & they didn't want to use credit cards to pay loans, bills, etc. due to interest. They received it within a week, but as you've mentioned, it has to be paid back within a year. I suppose one of the drawbacks is that you get a smaller paycheck each month, but at least you don't pay interest as opposed to using credit cards or loans.
  9. Regular Member
    We did it also. It took about 3wks to get into our account. Then they deduct from his pay automatically for the predetermined amout of time. We had 9months to repay.
  10. You are here.
    You are here.
    we've only done it during a move.....but be prepared to pay it back within the next twelve months. be sure to work that debt into your budget now so it won't be a shock to you when they start to take it out.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast