Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Military OneSource

1. 11.21.09<3
    11.21.09<3

Confused Military OneSource

Advertisements
    Has anyone ever gone thru Military OneSource for help with therapy? I read online that it will pay to see a psychiatrist 12 times a year. I'm nervous because I don't want it somehow to came back on DH and people think he's got a crazy wife....

I'm blessed to have such a wonderful life. I've got an amazing husband, a great job, and a supportive family, yet I'm not happy anymore. I was diagnoised with depression in my teens but I really never had any symptoms until now. DH knows all about it but it's really put a strain on our marriage. I don't want to be put on medicine, I just really don't know what else to do. I really don't want it to come back on his career.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    the things you say to a therapist are between the two of you... The only way it could ever be shared with anyone else is if you shared something about being a threat to yourself or others. My opinion is that you would be safe in contacting militaryone source for help and not have to worry bout it getting back to your husbands command.
  3. Senior Member
    it's all anonymous and confidential from what I understand. it doesn't get reported to his command at all.
  4. To infinity and beyond
    To infinity and beyond
    We are together again for a little while:)
    Therapists can't share your information with ANYONE without your permission to do so This is why there is a therapist/client relationship. Therapy is also very beneficial for depression. Studies have proven it
    Still just as much in love with you as the day we wed

usabug7 is my wifey
  5. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I used their counseling services twice since DH deployed and nobody in his command found out. DH knows, and I think he told his chaplain and his commander because I was in a really bad place earlier, but they didn't hear anything from Military OneSource.

My personal experience, and I'm not sure if this is true everywhere, but the services I got through OneSource were with counselors, not doctors. So they were not qualified to prescribe medication for me. I had to get a referral to a doctor before I got medicine. They most they could do was talk to me (there was some woman too who had some woo stuff going on too but it wasn't medicine and I didn't go back to her).
  6. MissOptimistic
    MissOptimistic
    Blog Entries
    The therapist will not share your information. Military One Source is a great tool when you're looking for help, I'd go for it. If you're not quite comfortable, just give them a call, I'm sure they'll be happy to answer your questions!
  7. 11.21.09<3
    11.21.09<3
    Thank you guys! Everything online said it was confidential, I guess it just still made me nervous.

Has anyone ever gone thru them, or does TriCare cover anything like that? To be honest I don't really know how to even go about this. It's actually a really hard thing for me to talk about, but something has got to give I hate feeling like this.
  8. MissOptimistic
    MissOptimistic
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdanows View Post
    Thank you guys! Everything online said it was confidential, I guess it just still made me nervous.

Has anyone ever gone thru them, or does TriCare cover anything like that? To be honest I don't really know how to even go about this. It's actually a really hard thing for me to talk about, but something has got to give I hate feeling like this.
    I've used them! I didn't need anything from Tricare at first, it was nice to not have to go through the hassle of getting an appointment with my PCM just for a referral. However, I had to do that later on, when for some reason they decided they wanted one. I'm really unsure about therapy, etc. when it comes to Tricare. I've only used the One Source!
  9. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I went through them like I said, and I wasn't charged for the sessions (I didn't do more than the 12 before I for my referral).

Basically what happens is you call them up and talk to them and let them know you want counseling. They look in your area for providers to recommend to you. I was asked if I wanted a woman or a man, then you have the option of them telling the office to call you, or they can call the office and let them know your info, and you call them to make the appointment.

If you aren't happy with the counselor, you can call back and ask them for another office's information. They called and checked up on me to make sure I had a good fit with the person they found for me.
  10. To infinity and beyond
    To infinity and beyond
    We are together again for a little while:)

Tricare DOES cover therapy. I know, I was in therapy for quite some time during one of DH deployments. Therapy was a HUGE help for me too and I hope it is for you as well. You can also PM me I'm a social worker so I know about this stuff
    Still just as much in love with you as the day we wed

usabug7 is my wifey
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast