Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: what should i think of this???

1. trying to keep my head above water....
    trying to keep my head above water....

Confused what should i think of this???

Advertisements
    ok, so as most of you know...ellie is 2 months old, and i have been taking her to balboa (most of the time) to be seen by some docs (she was being seen by a civilian doc until she got really sick and they told us to just hope and pray she doesnt stop breathing which she pretty much did!!) so she was in the hospital with RSV for a weak and they were awesome! they took really good care of her and were soo nice to us, they even answered my endless questions. but when we told them what happened with the civilian doc, they flipped and told us to not go back there. now the civi doc is the one that we are covered through for tricare, and the peds at balboa actually overwrited that and set up some appts for her to be seen by the peds at balboa. so she had her appt with the doc the following monday, and everything went fine. he told us he would like to continue seeing her, and set up an appt for her shots. so like a week and a half went by, and she got the flu. my mom said to give her pedialite, so i did, but i was still concerened. so i tried to call to speak with a nurse to fine out if she needed to be checked out or not, and they wouldnt even let me talk to a nurse!!! so i asked why and they said that tricare blocked us!!!! :mad so i called tricare and they said we were only allowed to be seen by civilian doctors. so i told them about what had happened with our civ doc and that the peds at balboa had switched us and they said that they are not allowed to just change us around as they see fit, it was tricares decision. so i was all pissed and almost crying, cuz i didnt know who to take my doctor to cuz apparently she didnt have a ped. so the tricare lady just gave me like a customer service number. so i called and left a voicemail and they called me back later that night and told me to go online and switch her peds, but that i was not allowed to have her seen at balboa. so i asked about this new clinic from balboa that is opening up in santee (much much closer to us). and he said that is for the overflows from balboa...which is what we are!!! why do they think we are seeing civ docs!!!! GRRR! so when i took her for her appt to get her shots the other day, we told 3 docs about it and each one gave us a letter to take to the tricare office, and every time, my DH got sent back saying that tricare wouldnt accept it. so the head lady from peds came and said oh hell no....wrote down our story and gave us a very detailed letter. so he went and boom....all they did was glance at who wrote the letter and it was done.....i think the lady knew that they were in trouble! so then we went back to the docs and proceded to get her shots. but now i dont know how i feel about all these peds. i mean the guys who did her shots is soooooo nice, but doesnt tell us shit except the basics unless we ask. this is our first baby and i dont know much of what to expect. so for him to leave out little details is just strange to me and kinda worries me. so now i just dont know what to do. she is going to be seen by one of the peds from balboa at the santee clinic from now on which is great, but why do i still not feel comfortable with the doctors??? they are super nice, but i just feel like i'm not being told everything that i should be. so what should i think about this???? does anyone else whose children go to balboa have this same problem????
    Single Mommy to my Buggah Butt Elizabeth (11/20/06)

Thanks Crystal! I it!
  2. trying to keep my head above water....
    any ladies that have kids being seen at balboa??? do you have any advice??

Thanks Crystal! I it!
  3. Senior Member
    I haven't even started the whole medical thing out here yet, so I am of no help. I am sure what ever doc you do finally get will be fine. It might also help if you get a few friends who have older children... mommy vets. I can tell you that my oldest had RSV, both the boys have broken their arms (second son did it so bad he was on Morphine and had to have a MRI), plenty of bumps, bruises, scraps and whatnot. Kids are resilent.
    I know its hard being a new mommy... been there, done that.
    Sorry I can not be more help with the Balboa thing, but anything else, just PM me.
    Take care!
    I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.
    Oscar Wilde
  4. Senior Member
    If you want a civilian doctor that is thorough i can give the name of my kids peds doctor her and her staff are great.

[url=http://www.baby-gaga.com/][img]http://tickers.baby-
  5. trying to keep my head above water....
    Quote Originally Posted by codysmommy View Post
    If you want a civilian doctor that is thorough i can give the name of my kids peds doctor her and her staff are great.
    yeah that would be great! i am going to try out the santee people and see how they are, but if they dont work out then i will be switching again so any good docs you know would be great!! thanks sweety!

Thanks Crystal! I it!
  6. Senior Member
    I pmed you the number

[url=http://www.baby-gaga.com/][img]http://tickers.baby-
  7. Senior Member
    I only saw the peds dr.s for the 2 week appointment. Now we go to Mirramar... (closer for us) They are alright
  8. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    you need to talk to your ped that you are seeing at Balboa and have them help you get switched. Peds there is full, so tricare cant set you up there just on your request, you are going to need the peds help. good luck.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed

I just wish you luck