Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: POA Question

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

POA Question

Advertisements
    Since we are no longer sure when/if he will be comming home from Japan(he still hasn't recieved new orders and DF does not think he will be leaving unti his EAS date next July) we have decided to go ahead with a Proxy and then have a ceremony when he is able to get here.
    So, with that being said, we will be doing the proxy sometime on the next few weeks. DF is sending the forms for the Proxy a long with a General POA for me. My question is, if I have the POA will I be able to fill out the paperwork for DEERS/Tri-Care? Or will we have to wait until he is back from the Phillipines for him to do it? Also, if i am able to do DEERS/Tri-Care with the POA, I will still need someone else to get me on base to do so right?

We figured if we go ahead with the Proxy, it will be one less thing to worry about if he does end up getting orders, as I'll be on them and we wont have to worry about getting them changed to include me after the fact.

Thanks so much for any advice!
  2. Banned
    Banned
    you cannot fill out the paperwork for deers but he should be able to fill them out and mail them all at the same time.

and then you can go to the base and set everything up.

also you cannot do anything until you have a certified copy of your marriage license. check with you county on how long it will take
  3. Regular Member
    Yeah they don't really like for him to do anything with your medical needs aside for the initial set up. so you're good.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    you cannot fill out the paperwork for deers but he should be able to fill them out and mail them all at the same time.

and then you can go to the base and set everything up.

also you cannot do anything until you have a certified copy of your marriage license. check with you county on how long it will take
    so he can fill out the DEERS paperwork before we are even married? he just cant file it til after? or will we have to wait for him to get back from the philipines for him to do DEERS? im confused sorry. and i can get a certified copy of the marriage license the same day.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    he can get the form any time, fill it out and then take it either to any base or take to back and file it.

he does not have to wait to get the form.
  6. Banned
    Banned
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    thank you! this helps soo much since i really dont know what to do when it comes to this haha. I know ill need the POA to do anything with him being overseas and such, but other than that i wasn't exactly sure.

another question, ill still need someone with a military ID to get on base to file the paperwork right? the POA wont allow me to go on with out a Military ID.
  8. Banned
    Banned
    you will just need your DL and your registration and insurance to get a day pass to get on base. you do not need someone to drive you on.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AMarineLovesMe View Post
    so he can fill out the DEERS paperwork before we are even married?
    Not sure if he will be able to fill out the form before you are married because there is a block he will need to fill out for your eligibility effective date and that date is the date you are married.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by dekeoboe View Post
    Not sure if he will be able to fill out the form before you are married because there is a block he will need to fill out for your eligibility effective date and that date is the date you are married.
    well if we know the date we are getting married, cant he put that date in?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast