Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doctors on Base Vs. Out in Town...

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Doctors on Base Vs. Out in Town...

Advertisements
    Who uses what?

I just called tricare and they told me the doctor has NOTHING available until Feb...At this point, Im fustrated, no I dont want to see a different provider because I always have to see her anyways cause they never fix anything.

If you go to a dr out in town, you have to pay for your scripts right?
  2. aka Mrs Gibberish
    aka Mrs Gibberish
    For me I just go to the doctors on base. I'm too lazy to try find someone else off base so I just stick with it.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I usually dont have an issue with going on base...BUT it seems like now it takes longer and longer to get appointments. Plus, im really not happy that everyone just brushed me off when I actually did have a problem that it took them a year to understand it...I can go and ask today at the hospital.
  4. aka Mrs Gibberish
    aka Mrs Gibberish
    Yea that would annoy me too. Over here the base is pretty small so it doesnt take too long to get an appointment. Maybe that's why I dont have a problem with it. I hope you get to see someone soon and they dont take forever to figure out things like last time.
  5. Bigmammajohns
    Me and my oldest have a doctor on base. My two younger ones have a civilian doctor because she specializes in pediatric asthma and its easier to get in when she needs to be seen because she knows her history. As for prescriptions she just hand writes them, and I take them to the base to get filled, there is no charge.
    Their Doc is good about it, they keep an up-to-date list of the base formulary so she can prescribe the ones that the base fills.
  6. AFWife05
    I currently live on Andrews AFB and I hate the doctors at the base hospital. Just an example I went to Orlando in November for the Make A Wish Foundation to volunteer with my work, and I ended up in the hospital one night and the doctor in Orlando told me to follow up with my doctor when I got back home....I told the doc office here and they couldn't even get me in until Dec 27th! I got home November 15th! It was abosolutly crazy! Anyway, I called tri-care to see if I could switch to a civilian doctor who took Tri-Care and the one lady told me yes and she transfered me to enrollment...The enrollment lady told me I had to get a waiver from a slew of people because Andrews had openings as well as Walter Reed and Bethesda Naval! I said forget it! She switched me to Bethesda Naval and I love my doctor there! I drive a good hour (due to traffic in the morning) to see her, but it's well worth it. It all depends on the base too. Good Luck!
  7. hurry up and wait....
    hurry up and wait....
    I live overseas, so I have no choice. The wait list is insane for the doctors here. It's really hard ot get in.
  8. Wah Its called life idiot
    Wah Its called life idiot
    I know out here we can go out in town, just go to the Tricare office and switch PCM. Not sure how that works for other places though. I am not seen at MTF, haven't since I gave birth. I go to Mary Birch / Scripps out in town

9. Live in the moment
    Live in the moment
    My family uses the doctors on base... here at Mayport they even have pediatric doctors, my boys see them and they've been really good.
  10. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

I have the same problems with appointments here because there are SO MANY military. I don't do tricare standard because the co pays and everything gets to be too much for us right now.

I was lucky though... all the pedi's were full when I moved here with my oldest son so now they all get to go to a really great civi ped.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast