Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Medboard and Tricare

1. Banned
    Banned

Medboard and Tricare

Advertisements
    The other day, Jason found out his paternal grandfather had six heart attacks, his paternal grandmother died of a heart attack, and his maternal grandmother died of heart disease.

Since Jason is getting dizzy and passing out more frequently (he got really, really dizzy this morning and almost passed out), we have an appointment with a cardiologist. They plan on putting a King of Hearts monitor on him, and there's a really high chance he will be medboarded.

Medical issues aside, my biggest concern is losing Tricare. He says that we will be able to keep Tricare since he would be medboarded, but I'm just suuuuper nervous. There is NO way in hell that we would be able to get health insurance between all my health problems, and him having a heart problem.

So, do we get to keep it permanently, or do we get to keep it for 6 months/some other period of time?
  2. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    ive never heard of medboard but i wanted to say i hope the outcome works in your favor!

3. Senior Member
    I really can't offer any advice or insight.

But heart troubles could explain a lot. Except, didn't you say he has severe pain in his left abdomen? That doesn't coincide with any heart conditions. Nonetheless, It is a great idea to be checked out, especially with such a large family history of it. I hope he is okay!!!
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    omgosh! I hope he's ok
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonBean View Post
    I really can't offer any advice or insight.

But heart troubles could explain a lot. Except, didn't you say he has severe pain in his left abdomen? That doesn't coincide with any heart conditions. Nonetheless, It is a great idea to be checked out, especially with such a large family history of it. I hope he is okay!!!
    Yeah. He does have the pain, and high kidney function. This is one lead we are tracking down. They said that if they can't figure out what it is/if it is a heart problem, they will have no choice but to medboard him.

So, we are feeling the pressure to figure out what is going on/praying it isn't his heart. My high risk OB planned on doing a fetal echo-cardiogram, and I was just all okay, whatever...but now I'm like okay! Let's do this!
  6. Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Blog Entries
    Sorry I don't know anything about medboarding or tricare, but I wanted to give you some hugs. I hope all will turn out well and in your favor.
  7. Moderator

PM'ing you with some info
  8. Love never fails. ♥
    Love never fails. ♥

I wish DH was awake. He's going through a medboard right now. I hope someone else can help!

9. Senior Member
    I hope he's ok!

DH just got his findings back as fit so I'm not sure how unfit works exactly. I do know if he doesn't have heart disease or a firm condition the chance of him getting out isn't likely. DH was told since his was listed as chronic pain it was likely to come back as fit.

I know how much you are worrying since I too have diabetes and was worried about these same things. From what I understand you can pay out of pocket to keep Tricare for a specified amount of time. If he does get unfit and is medically separated everything will be based off of a disability percentage thru the VA and then the percentage determined by the medboard. Since he has dependents it is likely his percentage would be higher. I'm not sure the exact percentage, but I think he would have to meet a certain percentage for y'all to keep Tricare for life.

If he is medboarded and your income falls below a certain level couldn't you look into state aid for health insurance?

If you ever need to talk just PM me!
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    i believe if he's 30%, you get benefits other than pay. my husband is going througghost the process now. it's long and grueling. and mostly paperwork that takes forever. hope it goes smoothly for you!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast