Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Tricare and Medication

1. Classic Bookworm
    Classic Bookworm

Tricare and Medication

Advertisements
    I was put on a new medication and was amazed by how much it cost and I think it's a pain to drop off for refills every month. Is there any way I can send away for it? I know I use to do this before we got married and it made life easier(and seemed to be cheaper). Can ya'll give me any information on that?

SailorsBunny is my amazing Wifey
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I hope this link can help you find what you need!

TRICARE Pharmacy Home Delivery
  3. Banned
    Banned
    TRICARE Pharmacy Program - Express-Scripts.com

That's where I set my delivery up!
  4. Senior Member
    You can send away for it. I've never found our precriptions to be very expensive though. Are you sure they used Tricare and that its a covered med?
  5. Classic Bookworm
    Classic Bookworm
    Quote Originally Posted by *Stephanie* View Post
    You can send away for it. I've never found our precriptions to be very expensive though. Are you sure they used Tricare and that its a covered med?
    I looked it up and discovered it's a non-formulary medication which makes it 25$(I'm use to no more then 10 on almost everything) and I don't think I count to get it at a lower price, so I either have to get a different medication or deal with the cost.(though I think it's 25$ for 3 months when sending it away I'm not sure)

6. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyEyes View Post
    I looked it up and discovered it's a non-formulary medication which makes it 25$(I'm use to no more then 10 on almost everything) and I don't think I count to get it at a lower price, so I either have to get a different medication or deal with the cost.(though I think it's 25$ for 3 months when sending it away I'm not sure)
    Yes, I believe all Tricare/Express Scripts mailed medications are 90 days at a 30 day price. Not sure about non-formulary though, honestly, $25 a month is cheap for that. My employers isurance charges 70%, for non-formulary,. so it could be over $100 for medications like that.

ETA: Are you going out of network?
  7. Classic Bookworm
    Classic Bookworm
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunflower View Post
    Yes, I believe all Tricare/Express Scripts mailed medications are 90 days at a 30 day price. Not sure about non-formulary though, honestly, $25 a month is cheap for that. My employers isurance charges 70%, for non-formulary,. so it could be over $100 for medications like that.

ETA: Are you going out of network?
    It was just a shock to me,im going to see if theres a different one that would work the same. They had a list of similar medication so maybe one of those would work. I looked at it doesnt seem that I'm out of network not from what I can tell.