Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So confused! DLA and stuffs like that?

1. Senior Member

Suspicious So confused! DLA and stuffs like that?

Advertisements
    Hey ladies (and gents?)

DH and I arrived on Meade in November. We drove up from Fort Wayne, IN and things have been going great except I don't feel we've been reimbursed for everything on the move, etc. He left from AIT in Goodfellow, then he went to GA for training but didn't make that so they sent him to Meade in MD. From there he came back to Fort Wayne to get me and we drove from there to MD. We spent our own money on food, gas and hotels, not to mention I we stayed in a hotel for a week while we were in Fort Wayne.

He took a small permissive TDY leave when he left Meade to get me. He was then told on paper I believe that he would be receiving around $1,500. So far, back in November all we received was $300. He noticed that one of the people in finance messed up on an application and yet he hasn't seen anyone. We also didn't hand in our receipts (which I've kept) for the food, hotels, etc. I think all they've given us so far was for the millage from Indiana to Maryland. DH told me that the receipts were a whole other ball game. I've told DH to go to finance to see what's wrong but I wouldn't want to send him up there if we aren't owed anymore than the $300 we were given. Something just seems off to me. Any suggestions? I don't have POA as of now otherwise I'd go up there myself. TIA!
  2. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Little confused...
    Is the PCS from Fort Wayne to Fort Meade with a TDY en route to Goodfellow?

If not, then what do the orders say?

And even with a POA you still can't talk to finance about it, he will have to.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  3. Senior Member
    Depends on what the orders say. Was he authorized to go get you?

The DLA is a separate entitlement that has to be applied for.

Sounds a little messed up, but no idea what you were actually authorized.
  4. Banned
    Banned
    ok first let me explain the entitlements for ALL PCSes.

DLA- this is a flat rate allowance and is dislocation allowance and last yr it 1870ish for a married E3-E4- this is to hepl cover the cost of moving into a new place- this allowance MUST be specifically requested, it is not automatically given ( hole'nother issue for me ....)

MALT- this is a flat rate allowance at a rate of 23 cents a mile for each authorised mile from the HOR in your case to the first duty station

per diem: this is also a flat rate allowance for costs incurred enroute from the HOR ( in your case) to the first dity station.

TLE: this is a dollar for dollar reimbursement for the hotel stays at the HOR ( in your case) and/or the duty station.

** when I say "flat rate allowance" what I mean by that is you do not need to show where that money went or how you spent it.

you only need receipts for TLE and PPM's ( DITY)

now-- with all 5 branches the military will only pay for the member to go from AIT ( or A school for navy and CG) to the new duty station.
    for you you would have received per diem for each authorised day of travel at a rate of 123 per day and 23 cents a mile for each authorised mile from where you lived to the first duty station- your DH was not entitled to ANY MONEY for coming to get you, and he was not entitled any PCS money while he was on leave.

your DH needs to look at his travel worksheet that he filled out while in AIT to see what he asked for.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    ok first let me explain the entitlements for ALL PCSes.

DLA- this is a flat rate allowance and is dislocation allowance and last yr it 1870ish for a married E3-E4- this is to hepl cover the cost of moving into a new place- this allowance MUST be specifically requested, it is not automatically given ( hole'nother issue for me ....)

MALT- this is a flat rate allowance at a rate of 23 cents a mile for each authorised mile from the HOR in your case to the first duty station

per diem: this is also a flat rate allowance for costs incurred enroute from the HOR ( in your case) to the first dity station.

TLE: this is a dollar for dollar reimbursement for the hotel stays at the HOR ( in your case) and/or the duty station.

** when I say "flat rate allowance" what I mean by that is you do not need to show where that money went or how you spent it.

you only need receipts for TLE and PPM's ( DITY)

now-- with all 5 branches the military will only pay for the member to go from AIT ( or A school for navy and CG) to the new duty station.
    for you you would have received per diem for each authorised day of travel at a rate of 123 per day and 23 cents a mile for each authorised mile from where you lived to the first duty station- your DH was not entitled to ANY MONEY for coming to get you, and he was not entitled any PCS money while he was on leave.

your DH needs to look at his travel worksheet that he filled out while in AIT to see what he asked for.
    Okay, thanks ladies. @Dawn, he says it wasn't a DITY but he took Permissive Leave to look for a place to stay. I didn't expect him to get paid to get me because we only drove back, but he flew to me. I'll ask him to look at his travel worksheet. Is it too late to request DLA? At the time, he was an E-2 last year. He just got promoted in Dec or Jan (I'm not super sure when)
    It's still odd that he was supposed to receive that amount you spoke up but has only gotten $300 so far. I'll talk to him about it tomorrow after work.
    Thanks for your help everyone!
  6. Banned
    Banned
    it does not matter how he got to you-- it will be all out of pocket for him- he was paid to go from AIT to the duty station ONLY- his coming to get you does not entltle him to allowances- this is this wau ONLY coming from AIT.

as for too late-- it is only too late if orders for the next duty assignment have heen issued- so he can reapply for the DLA,
  7. Senior Member
    The $300 doesn't sound too far off. It would only be two travel days from Indiana to Fort Meade for you. And then the malt.

He should apply for the DLA though since its not too late.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    it does not matter how he got to you-- it will be all out of pocket for him- he was paid to go from AIT to the duty station ONLY- his coming to get you does not entltle him to allowances- this is this wau ONLY coming from AIT.

as for too late-- it is only too late if orders for the next duty assignment have heen issued- so he can reapply for the DLA,
    I know lol, I wasn't looking to be compensated for him coming to "get" me, I was just explaining everything. I don't think they have, but he was an E2 until a few months ago, 2012 I believe if that matters any. Thanks for your response.
  9. Banned
    Banned
    the only allowance based on rank is the DLA everything else is the same regardless of rank
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by armygf1985 View Post
    I know lol, I wasn't looking to be compensated for him coming to "get" me, I was just explaining everything. I don't think they have, but he was an E2 until a few months ago, 2012 I believe if that matters any. Thanks for your response.
    He'll get paid DLA for the rank he was when he moved.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast