Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tricare online enrollment broken?

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Tricare online enrollment broken?

Advertisements
    Hey all. I am jussssst about at the end of my rope, here. I'm trying to enroll in Tricare. DH told me that our ID's worked as Tricare cards. I'm finding out that isn't true? People talk about Tricare cards, so I guessed I had to enroll.

So, I'm on the Tricare site trying to enroll and I hit a brick wall at this page:
    https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/appj/bwe/indexAction.do

It's supposed to be the online enrollment page, but the only options are to Log On or to download forms and mail them in. I want to do online enrollment, so I click Log On, then Log On again on the next page. Then I get an error.

So, where is the online enrollment? Tricare has been a big source of confusion for me. This is where I say *argh*. I'm sorry, I'm really frustrated, DH said we were already in Tricare before he left, so I've been thinking all I had to do was show my ID if I needed to. He didn't know what as going on.

Thanks for any help. How did you enroll? Was it online?

I live to get families the best deals on Disney trips... and my services are free.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Agh, I just read this: ID Cards

that says you use your ID card. Oh, man. I'm confused. So I don't need a seperate Tricare card?

I live to get families the best deals on Disney trips... and my services are free.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Dh enrolled us, I am pretty sure it was one of his checkpoints when he first got in.

Sorry I dont know much about your situation? Is he active? Do you live near post?

I know that on post you can always just use your ID same for emergency rooms typically, but if you have to go off post because of where you live sometimes they get whiny if you don't have a tricare card. You can call and get a Tricare card sent to you if you have any issues with that. Its the most useless card ever because it has no information other than your name and says tricare prime or standard or whatever.
  4. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Unless something has changed in the last 2.5 years, enrollment has to be done via the Tricare office, locally. There used to be a booklet of paperwork that had to be filled out and signed. Your dependent ID does serve as your insurance card though.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  5. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    I've never in 18 years received a Tricare card. Always just used ID Card, even at civilian hospitals and emergency rooms.

If you are enrolled in DEERS (which you are since you have ID Card), you are enrolled in likely Tricare Standard. If you want to switch to Prime then you (or hubby) will have to switch it.

I can't remember how I got my Tricare online log in information (I am hardly ever on Tricare online, I usually just go to Tricare office, or call - their online crap is BS)...

So, if you are near a base I suggest going to the Tricare office and getting the info you need. But you are most likely on Tricare Standard and you probably won't get any 'cards', just use your ID card.

And yes, I don't recall ever being able to enroll online, its always been in person.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Yep, he's active. It's good to know I can use the ID's for ER, that's really waht I want them for.

Haha, I just spent some time on the phone with Tricare. He gave me a website where I can enroll in Tricare Prime. I go online. It's the busted website. Blargh!

7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Thanks guys. Turns out I'm in standard, where I thought we had Prime, since he's active. Blarghidy blargh blargh!! On the bright side, I've figured out Tricare just an eentsy bit more today. Thanks ladies!!!

8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I think if you're near post you can go into a tricare office and fill out the paperwork .I dont *think* you would need a POA to do it but i'm not sure.
  9. Senior Member
    When I switched Tricare's I just had to fax a form that I printed. I guess if your close to a base you could do it there... or just wait for the website to start working again.
  10. Banned
    Banned
    I just went into th tricare office filled out a form, she signed and dated it and it was changed.

you will not get a tricare card- your ID card is your insurance card
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast