Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dental

1. Senior Member

Dental

Advertisements
    Hi girls my dentist wants to do a lot of work and braces again and tri care covers half. They said hubbs credit will get there payment plan approved but everything is $5000. Anyone used the credit care? Iy seems like a lot of money but its very important to get done medically not cosmedic.

The day You decide to do it is your lucky day.
    ~ Japanese Proverb
  2. Banned
    Banned
    no I have never done the Credit care credit card- the interest is usually astronimical and I laways just used cash or charged my own CC.

do you have dental insurance with UCC thru the military?
  3. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    no I have never done the Credit care credit card- the interest is usually astronimical and I laways just used cash or charged my own CC.

do you have dental insurance with UCC thru the military?
    Yes we do.

The day You decide to do it is your lucky day.
    ~ Japanese Proverb
  4. Mom with Messy House and Happy Kids!!
    Mom with Messy House and Happy Kids!!
    No we chose not to due to their high intrest rates. We paid $7000 for my dental work last year. Dental is crazy expensive and UCC sucks IMO! I look forward to switching ! Good luck with whatever you decide!
  5. Senior Member
    Tricare dental covers $1500 lifetime for braces, not half. What is covered for the other work will depend on what it is and what rank you DH is.
  6. Twin Wrangler Extraordinaire
    Twin Wrangler Extraordinaire
    United Concordia told me they won't cover braces at all after age 21, whether they are for medical reasons or not.

I had a crap load of dental work done last year and the year before, we financed it through the dentist's office. They offered us a 5 year same as cash, it was through Chase Health something-or-other.
  7. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Quote Originally Posted by jane3 View Post
    Tricare dental covers $1500 lifetime for braces, not half. What is covered for the other work will depend on what it is and what rank you DH is.
    Yup!
    Braces are covered for spouses until the month they turn 23. I don't recall what they pay based on rank, but rather based on what's being done. I would go to tricaredental.com to make sure. The braces though, that is only $1500, no more.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  8. wishin
    wishin
    I <3 our care credit card! We used i quite a few times because of the interest free plans. Now if you are late, or dont pay... you pay back 100% of the interest, even if you had been paying on it for months..
    Sometimes the smallest things take up the biggest space in your heart.
  9. Moderator

I've used Care Credit. The credit rate is astronomical, unless you pay it off in the allotted time; in that case it's 0%. We have used it for a major charge at a surgical center and some "minor" charges for dental, but never without budgeting to make sure it's paid well in advance of the interest cutoff date. Even so, it was terrifying to just see the number and speculate on what would happen in the case of some freak of nature that made it impossible to pay off. But we've been successful with it.
  10. Senior Member
    I don't recall what they pay based on rank, but rather based on what's being done.>>

The cost share from some procedures is lower for E1-E4 than it is for other ranks.

TRICARE DENTAL PROGRAM - UNITED CONCORDIA - ENROLLEES - COST SHARES/PREMIUMS - ACTIVE DUTY FAMILY MEMBERS - COST SHARES
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast