Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deployment & Housing

1. Regular Member

Bang Head Deployment & Housing

Advertisements
    Okay so I'm in a bit of a pickle and I know that you ladies would know where to go so listen up

Right now I am living at my mothers and I was told I have to move out by her.

I know the army pays for rent while your spouse is deployed, I just need to know how to start this or if I can. What program do I get into contact with first and how long does it take? I really need theses answers!
  2. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Since when does the army pay for rent?

Unless you're married & talking about BAH, it's like normal apartment hunting or you call up base housing & ask them about their housing options.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  3. I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettyNInk87x View Post
    Okay so I'm in a bit of a pickle and I know that you ladies would know where to go so listen up

Right now I am living at my mothers and I was told I have to move out by her.

I know the army pays for rent while your spouse is deployed, I just need to know how to start this or if I can. What program do I get into contact with first and how long does it take? I really need theses answers!
    It's called BAH and he should be getting it automatically.
  4. Regular Member
    Okay yes I am married. We don't rent at my mothers so I was not aware of this. It's our first deployment
  5. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Okay yes I am married. We don't rent at my mothers so I was not aware of this. It's our first deployment
    BAH & deployments have nothing to do with each other.
    Once you're married, your SO starts getting BAH (Basic Allowance for Housing).

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Is he active duty or revers/guard?

If he is active, he should have already been getting it since the day you got married regardless of deployment. If he is reserve/guard and has been recently activated, it should kick in a few paychecks after he was activated.
  7. Regular Member
    I don't live on a base. He is reserve, who do I call first?

“For everything you have missed, you have gained something else, and for everything you gain, you lose something else.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I don't live on a base. He is reserve, who do I call first?
    You don't call anyone, it will be part of his activation orders once he starts training for his deployment. You will start getting his base pay, BAH, you will need to get enrolled in TriCare and some other stuff. He will be briefed about all of this and if there are questions he will need to ask his command and if your not getting it, he needs to go into finance at the closest base and figure out why.
  9. Regular Member
    Okay. I will tell him to do that. We didn't have any rent to pay so maybe thats why it didn't kick in?

“For everything you have missed, you have gained something else, and for everything you gain, you lose something else.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

10. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Okay. I will tell him to do that. We didn't have any rent to pay so maybe thats why it didn't kick in?
    It kicks in whether you're renting or not. If you're not renting, it's basically just extra money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast