Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Naval hospital and prescription.

1. Senior Member

Naval hospital and prescription.

Advertisements
    About three weeks ago, I got my first prescription (It's for a year.) for birth control and had it filled at the Naval hospital. After I got everything, I was told I could just call in for my next refills. So, here's where I have a couple questions.

- How early am I allowed to call in a refill?
    I know that you, normally, do it a couple of days prior to finishing your pack. Say DH and I are going on leave for a while, though. (I just want to prepare for the future.) Will I be able get enough packs for the amount of time that we're gone? How will all of that work out?

- When go to pick up my prescription, do I need to bring anything in with me? (I know I'll need my military ID.)
    When I got my first pack, I was given a case with my prescription label stuck to the inside of it. Do I need to have that with me?

TIA.
    if i never see you again i will always carry you
    inside outside

on my fingertips and at brain edges

and in centers
    centers of what i am of what remains
    --- charles bukowski.

time to eas, baby!
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I have no clue about calling in prescriptions, but normally you need your ID card and your TPC card (at least you need both here)
  3. Senior Member

Here they give us a three month supply of refills...

You will not need anything else besides your ID to pick it up.
  4. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    For mine there is a 1800 number on the box/bottle to call for refills, I just call that number and follow the prompts, if it is too soon to refill the system tells me the date that it can be called in. Then I just go to the pharmacy with ID and pick it up. When we out of state one time I just went to the MTF near by with my ID and explained I was running out of it and they gladly refilled it on the spot. Birth control isn't a highly controlled substance, so it hasn't been hard in my experience to get a refill. Hope that helps!
  5. You are here.
    You are here.
    Quote Originally Posted by shoestrings View Post
    For mine there is a 1800 number on the box/bottle to call for refills, I just call that number and follow the prompts, if it is too soon to refill the system tells me the date that it can be called in. Then I just go to the pharmacy with ID and pick it up. When we out of state one time I just went to the MTF near by with my ID and explained I was running out of it and they gladly refilled it on the spot. Birth control isn't a highly controlled substance, so it hasn't been hard in my experience to get a refill. Hope that helps!
    ditto....they should be able to tell you when to call it in if its too early. Virginia's pharmacy line did that.