Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tricare Urgent Care question???

1. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡

Question Tricare Urgent Care question???

Advertisements
    So my primary care provider and OBGYN are both located in Huntsville AL which is 6 hrs away from where I live, Pensacola FL. (Neither of which are currently open ATM anyways.) I need to know how to go about getting some kind of care while I am here.

Tricare is closed and not answering the phones at this time. They left a number for Humana, but when I called them they were also closed and not answering calls at this time. I can't locate a freaking number for the Naval Hospital here in Pensacola that actually works, and their website is currently down. Does ANYBODY have any clue what I should do? I'm having some strange pains that I am sure are nothing; however, they were severe enough to make me cry and have to leave work early. I just wanna have a doctor or somebody check every thing out because I just know it is better to be safe than sorry, especially since I am 8 months preggo. I'm not having real contractions nor has my water broken, but peace of mind would be really nice right now. I am thinking I should probably just go to the hospital and explain to them what is going on since I can't get ahold of anybody over the phone...

Better thoughts or ideas, anyone?

2. Senior Member
    I would head to the nearest ER.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach View Post
    I would head to the nearest ER.
    this.

As far as I know, with TRICARE Prime, you just have to call within 24 hours of getting care at the ER.
    if i never see you again i will always carry you
    inside outside

on my fingertips and at brain edges

and in centers
    centers of what i am of what remains
    --- charles bukowski.

time to eas, baby!
  4. Senior Member
    Whenever I have an issue that I need to be seen I just call Tricare and get an authorization to be seen somewhere, they have always answered even after hours, and on holidays but I am Tricare North so maybe that has something to do with it.

But if you can't get a hold of them then I would go to the Naval Hospital at Pensacola and be seen in Labor and delivery or their ER.

I hope you get the peace of mind that you are looking for and that it isn't anything serious. Also if you have your medical records that will help you out when you get there so take those with you, that way the hospital staff with have some background on you.
  5. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

I would go to the ER.

As far I know with Tri-care standard....you can go to ANY after hours clinic you want to but you will have to pay 20% of the cost. That is what was when I went to an out of network urgent care provider.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    this.

As far as I know, with TRICARE (Prime), you just have to call within 24 hours of getting care at the ER.
    This is only sometimes true. It really depends on Tricare. If you have a military hospital close and you go to a civilian hospital and it isn't an emergency by Tricare standards they can refuse to pay the bill and it will end up being your responsibility.
  7. Senior Member
    Are you on standard or prime? When I was on Prime the local base didn't have an ER so I was able to go to the closest ER and just call them afterwards. With Standard I would just go to any Urgent Care that took Tricare.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by docsRN View Post
    This is only sometimes true. It really depends on Tricare. If you have a military hospital close and you go to a civilian hospital and it isn't an emergency by Tricare standards they can refuse to pay the bill and it will end up being your responsibility.
    good to know!
    if i never see you again i will always carry you
    inside outside

on my fingertips and at brain edges

and in centers
    centers of what i am of what remains
    --- charles bukowski.

time to eas, baby!
  9. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    I am on tri care prime. I decided to go ahead and just go the Pensacola naval hospital, and they were very nice. The er sent me to the Obgyn and I am just waiting to be checked out now! Thanks for the advice, everyone. I will call tri care tomorrow to be sure this will be covered. If it isn't, oh well, I'd rather be sure that nothing is wrong than have anything serious happen due to a neglect of symptoms.

10. Senior Member
    Oh no I'm soo sorry I hope everything is ok. I'm so glad you decided to go in. Please let us know how you and Caden and doing when you are done.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast