Military Significant Others and Spouse Support -
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Putting a baby in Deers

  1. Proving people wrong since 1987.
    caseychick's Avatar
    caseychick is offline
    Proving people wrong since 1987.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    New Orleans

    Putting a baby in Deers

    So, it's been a while and I was wondering if one of you lovely ladies could just refresh my memory and give me a runthrough of what we do once the baby is born. Tia!

  2. Senior Member
    kaaau's Avatar
    kaaau is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    From the TRICARE site:

    Updating Personal Information

    You may verify or update DEERS in one of the following ways:

    Visit a local ID card office to add/remove family members. Call first to verify business hours or to set up an appointment.
    Sign in and update your addresses, e-mail address and phone numbers online with milConnect.
    Call 1-800-538-9552 to update your addresses, e-mail address and phone numbers. (TTY/TDD: 1-866-363-2883)
    Fax address, e-mail address or phone number changes to 1-831-655-8317.
    Mail changes and supporting documentation to:
    Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office
    Attn: COA
    400 Gigling Road
    Seaside, CA 93955-6771

    What You Need to Update DEERS
    To register family members in DEERS, sponsors must complete an Application for Identification Card/DEERS Enrollment (DD Form 1172-2) and provide documentation, such as marriage or birth certificate.

    To update DEERS, sponsors may need to provide documentation, such as Social Security numbers, active duty separation papers (DD Form 214) or Medicare cards. Each family member's eligibility record must be updated separately.

    Note: If the sponsor is not available, family members can update DEERS with a valid Power of Attorney.

    When to Update DEERS
    You should update your record in the whenever you experience any of the following (this list is not all-inclusive):

    Change in sponsor's status:
    Retiring or separating from active duty
    National Guard or Reserve member activation or deactivation
    Change in service status (e.g. enlisted to officer, branch change)
    Getting married or divorced
    Having a baby or adopting a child
    Moving to a new location for any reason
    Becoming entitled to Medicare (either you or a family member)
    Death of sponsor or family member
    If you are enrolled in a TRICARE plan such as TRICARE Prime, TRICARE Prime Remote, TRICARE Reserve Select, TRICARE Prime Overseas or TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas, remember to also change your address with your regional contractor. TAKEN AT NISQUALLY WILDLIFE PRESERVE
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    tremblingturtle's Avatar
    tremblingturtle is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Apr 2008

    I just sent dh to the mpf to the office. She did not yet have a social security card, or a birth certificate
  4. Regular Member
    jasminegrl's Avatar
    jasminegrl is offline
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    you shouldn't need a social security card, my DS doesn't have one yet hes currently almost 7 months and we enrolled him in deers acouple days after he was born
  5. Senior Member
    RhodyMama's Avatar
    RhodyMama is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Ashaway, RI
    We took his as card ( which I don't think we needed, but we had) and his birth certificate (which we had to have) and get him enrolled. We tried to do it with his birth certificate, but that was a no go.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    HollySunshine's Avatar
    HollySunshine is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Eielson AFB, AK

    It was all done at the hospital. They had an office dh just took his temp birth certificate to and the did that and tricare

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts