Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: tricare help please!

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Help tricare help please!

Advertisements
    This info is probably made public, but I can't find it anywhere. Plus, my phone just took a dump and my replacement was D.O.A. so calling has to wait til DH gets home, so hopefully you guys can help me out

Here's the situation
    On Saturday, I accidently knocked an open bottle of my steriods for my asthma off the counter and into the toilet ( ). I'm already seeing the signs of asthma flare ups and am hoping that an attack isn't imminent.

DH is REALLY swamped at work and I'm not sure when he will be able to take me to enroll in DEERS (because that comes before being enrolled in Tricare right?).

IF I do need to get more meds or make an ER trip prior to him being able to bring me in, will it be covered? Anyone have experience with this?
  2. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    If I remember correctly, I believe it won't be covered when you go in, but any bill you get, or anything you may have to pay should be reimbursed once you're enrolled in DEERS and Tricare.

3. Wife to Debra; Twinzie to Manderz; Text Buddy to Cara*Bear!
    Wife to Debra; Twinzie to Manderz; Text Buddy to Cara*Bear!
    Enrolling in DEERS puts you in the basic tricare. Your ID is your insurance card. Other than that, I have no info. Good luck!

A picture paints a thousand words, it's true.
    But it's still not enough for how I feel about you.
  4. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    be silly. be honest. be kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmBee View Post
    Enrolling in DEERS puts you in the basic tricare. Your ID is your insurance card. Other than that, I have no info. Good luck!
    I'm not sure but just wanted to add to this. On Ft Hood you'll get your ID and then still have to go to the Tricare office which is over by the hospital. There they'll ask which Tricare you want and what other coverages you want (dental, etc.)

"The purpose of life is not to simply be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    From what I understand tricare will back-date coverage to your eligibility date (date you were married). However when you sign up for tricare you are covered under Standard insurance so there is copays. Not sure what the process is for getting the money reimbursed, you would definitely want to talk to someone at Tricare for that info!
  6. Banned
    Banned
    iy will not be covered then- but you can file a claim to have it back dated and they will either pay or reimburse for the cost.

it only takes 10 minutes to get into DEERS please go do it ASAP.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Thank you guys!
  8. I got soul but I'm not a soldier ♥
    I got soul but I'm not a soldier ♥
    Just wondering - do you have a rescue inhaler? And even though DH is swamped at work, any chance he could get you a Power of Attorney so you could to the DEERS office yourself? He will also need to sign DD Form 1172. DH did that with me when I went to visit him at Fort Leonard Wood...the DEERS office was only open during the weekdays and by the time DH was done with classes, the office was already closed. Getting those forms for me took a matter of minutes and the DEERS office was hassle-free towards me, just make sure you bring those documents along with an official copy of your marriage certificate, birth certificate and SS card.

Oh, and if you decide to enroll in Tricare Standard, you can always change to Prime at a later date.
    live in such a way that if anyone should speak badly of you no one would believe it ♥
    coffee addict!
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by armywifey514 View Post
    Just wondering - do you have a rescue inhaler? And even though DH is swamped at work, any chance he could get you a Power of Attorney so you could to the DEERS office yourself? He will also need to sign DD Form 1172. DH did that with me when I went to visit him at Fort Leonard Wood...the DEERS office was only open during the weekdays and by the time DH was done with classes, the office was already closed. Getting those forms for me took a matter of minutes and the DEERS office was hassle-free towards me, just make sure you bring those documents along with an official copy of your marriage certificate, birth certificate and SS card.

Oh, and if you decide to enroll in Tricare Standard, you can always change to Prime at a later date.
    I do, but off steroids, I need to go to the hospital about half the time anyhow.

This is all really great info! I will call him ASAP and run my info by him