Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Has anyone done online counseling?

1. Regular Member

Has anyone done online counseling?

Advertisements
    I sign up for online counseling from military one source to deal with deployment, has anyone else done this before? Did it help?

“For everything you have missed, you have gained something else, and for everything you gain, you lose something else.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

2. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettyNInk87x View Post
    I sign up for online counseling from military one source to deal with deployment, has anyone else done this before? Did it help?
    I haven't done it yet, but am thinking about signing up for it. How did your session go?
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettyNInk87x View Post
    Also check into the Military Family Life Consultants. Great counseling but it's in person, still free, and you get to use it an unlimited number of times.
  4. The cake is a lie...
    The cake is a lie...
    There IS such a thing? I had no idea. Sounds convenient. If you do end up trying it let us know how it goes! If you're okay with that anyway.
    MS234755 and mxchick910 are my wifeys!
    I'm BiggyBiggs mistress!

Not in cruelty,
    Not in wrath,
    The Reaper came today;
    An Angel visited this gray path,
    And took the cube away.

5. Regular Member
    Well I had my first session with the online counseling yesterday and it was..interesting. The lady was kind of condescending and unhelpful. "Have I thought about joining a book club?" But I'm giving it another shot and she is actually going to do a phone session on Friday. I figure maybe just the first session is awkward because she is getting to know what my issues were.
  6. Regular Member
    It feels nice having someone to talk to but its not that helpful. I've done it twice and she just said what I said and then asked a question.
  7. Senior Member
    DH and I signed up for marriage counseling through TRIAP for a few weeks. I think it really helped, they were friendly and because it was through the webcam it felt like we were actually there without being physically there. We don't fight as much and I think our relationship is a lot stronger. I think I might try them again for myself.
  8. Senior Member
    i tried the counseling through skype, but my connection sucked so we switched to phone calls instead. she called once a week for a little bit, i think she said we had a limit of 10 sessions maybe? my call connection also was awful and the call dropped so many times.. but she was nice, i got to get my frustrations out to someone who was unbiased and that felt good in its own. i ended up calling my own therapist back home and talking to her a few times and stopped the tricare calls and havent started again..

but i'd do it again.. i do think face-to-face counseling is a little bit different, seems more effective and personable to me.

9. Regular Member
    hmm...i didnt know there was such a thing. makes sense tho. DH and i are doing marriage counseling now. We are pretty nervous about going without while he is on deployment. Hmmm...did anyone find online marriage counseling helpful? worth it?