Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Problems getting appointments??

  1. Senior Member
    fcn0015's Avatar
    fcn0015 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    556
    #1

    Problems getting appointments??

    Advertisements
    Does anyone else ever have problems getting an appointment? I have Tricare Prime, and all weekend have been having extreme nausea (among other things "down there" which I won't go into detail over). I called today to try and make an appointment, and the lady on the other end was extremely unhelpful and said "I have no appointments to book." Um...ok...I said what about for later this week and she said "sorry I have no appointments, maybe call back later and see if any have opened up." So yeah I'm about to say screw it, and just go to the ER because at least then I know I'd get seen even if there's a super long wait. Tricare just seems to be so finicky about things that I'm afraid they would try to say that my trip to the ER wouldn't be an actual "emergency" and would make me pay for it. What have you guys done in these situations??
  2. Senior Member
    Heisenberg's Avatar
    Heisenberg is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    16,413
    #2
    That happened to me once but finally someone told me I needed a referral from my pcp. Could that be the issue?
  3. Waiting Around
    Mac N Cheese's Avatar
    Mac N Cheese is offline
    Waiting Around
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    26,419
    Blog Entries
    1
    #3
    Totally normal for military clinic. It's sad but everyone loves there free health cAre
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

  4. Senior Member
    docswife522's Avatar
    docswife522 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    5,699
    #4
    I've never had any problems.
  5. Senior Member
    decks89's Avatar
    decks89 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    25,031

    #5
    I would ask them for a referral to an Urgent Care Center...

    If they don't give it to you I would just go to the ER.

    There is no reason for you to be sick and not get meds for it.
  6. Senior Member
    fcn0015's Avatar
    fcn0015 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    556
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    That happened to me once but finally someone told me I needed a referral from my pcp. Could that be the issue?

    I was told that my primary care person IS the one at the MTF that I am trying to get the appointment at
  7. Senior Member
    decks89's Avatar
    decks89 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    25,031

    #7
    From my experience as well you have to be on that phone as soon as the appt
    line opens...it is 0630 for us.
  8. Senior Member
    fcn0015's Avatar
    fcn0015 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    556
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by decks89 View Post
    I would ask them for a referral to an Urgent Care Center...

    If they don't give it to you I would just go to the ER.

    There is no reason for you to be sick and not get meds for it.
    Yeah I agree, this is ridiculous, I literally have been stuck in bed since Saturday and have had to call in to work and everything. I talked to DH and he told me to keep trying, and if I haven't been able to get an appointment by the time he gets off work then he'll take me to the ER at the hospital on post. If Tricare tries to make us pay for it then we'll just deal with that when the time comes.
  9. Senior Member
    decks89's Avatar
    decks89 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    25,031

    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by fcn0015 View Post
    Yeah I agree, this is ridiculous, I literally have been stuck in bed since Saturday and have had to call in to work and everything. I talked to DH and he told me to keep trying, and if I haven't been able to get an appointment by the time he gets off work then he'll take me to the ER at the hospital on post. If Tricare tries to make us pay for it then we'll just deal with that when the time comes.
    Tricare won't make you pay for it especially if it is the ER on post...

    I hope you feel better soon!
  10. Account Closed
    Lynn's Avatar
    Lynn is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    It could be worse.
    Posts
    29,398
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by decks89 View Post
    I would ask them for a referral to an Urgent Care Center...

    If they don't give it to you I would just go to the ER.

    There is no reason for you to be sick and not get meds for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by decks89 View Post
    From my experience as well you have to be on that phone as soon as the appt
    line opens...it is 0630 for us.
    If I call any later than 7am, I'm not able to get anything.

    Are you able to do appointments online at the tricare website for your base?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •