Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: How do you pick a Dr.?

1. Senior Member

How do you pick a Dr.?

Advertisements
    What sources do you use to pick new doctors? In Maine we will be in civilian care so I am trying to get everything squared away with a new PCM now. I don't have anyone to give me recommendations though and I'm kind of uncomfortable just picking a name. Plus, I'm not sure if I want to go Family Practice so the kids and I see the same doctor or put them with a pediatrician. Any suggestions?

Ask Me About IH!
  2. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    When we transferred here, the clinic was at capacity and not taking any new patients, so the lady at Tricare handed me the book and told me to pick a dr. right then. I picked one with an address as close to my home as possible. LOL.. It sucks that I knew nothing about the dr. I chose before I chose him, but thankfully I've only had to visit him a few times in the 4 1/2 years we've lived here.

When DD was born, the clinic was accepting patients, so we HAD to go through medical on base for her care. Sometimes I wish I'd switched her over to civilian peds. but we've only got a few more months here, so we're dealing with it.

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need