Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: So stressed about pay/BAH!

1. Regular Member

So stressed about pay/BAH!

Advertisements
    Idk if this is more of a vent or not... but maybe someone can offer advice??

DH and I got married in mid October. He filled out all the paperwork needed for us to recieve BAH. So we expected to start recieving it mid November. Nope! He finally is able to go to the finance office and they told him they never recieved the paperwork. He had a long discussion with the guy that he gave the paperwork to, and all he could tell him is that ''it could have accidentally gotten shredded, or lost in the pile of other misplaced papers'' and that he would have to re-do them. Well, he's at school now and has been since the end of October and cannot re-do the paperwork until he returns next week. They said they would try to put a rush on it (they now owe us $3600 in BAH) but can't give us a date of when to expect the money.

We are getting ready to PCS to Hawaii at the beginning of January. We have a ton of extra expenses lately, and my last day at work is Dec 21st. So for probably at least a month, I will have no income until I find a job in Hawaii.

I'm just so stressed! Not knowing where we are going to be living, bills/expenses piling up, and moving right around the corner! I just don't know how we're going to be able to afford to feed ourselves if his pay doesn't get fixed soon. His BAS is still being deducted because he's at school, so we don't even have that money to help.

What on earth can we do??
  2. ...
    Are you in DEERS or have Tricare yet?
  3. Together, Apart, Together, Apart .. its the Navy
    Together, Apart, Together, Apart .. its the Navy
    Quote Originally Posted by HarleysWife1015 View Post
    Idk if this is more of a vent or not... but maybe someone can offer advice??

DH and I got married in mid October. He filled out all the paperwork needed for us to recieve BAH. So we expected to start recieving it mid November. Nope! He finally is able to go to the finance office and they told him they never recieved the paperwork. He had a long discussion with the guy that he gave the paperwork to, and all he could tell him is that ''it could have accidentally gotten shredded, or lost in the pile of other misplaced papers'' and that he would have to re-do them. Well, he's at school now and has been since the end of October and cannot re-do the paperwork until he returns next week. They said they would try to put a rush on it (they now owe us $3600 in BAH) but can't give us a date of when to expect the money.

We are getting ready to PCS to Hawaii at the beginning of January. We have a ton of extra expenses lately, and my last day at work is Dec 21st. So for probably at least a month, I will have no income until I find a job in Hawaii.

I'm just so stressed! Not knowing where we are going to be living, bills/expenses piling up, and moving right around the corner! I just don't know how we're going to be able to afford to feed ourselves if his pay doesn't get fixed soon. His BAS is still being deducted because he's at school, so we don't even have that money to help.

What on earth can we do??
    well to the bolded... You are not going anywhere... If you are not in the system as being married (the whole no BAH/married paperwork) than you are not on orders. So they will not pay to move you.

If you are showing on his orders than im not sure what is going on.. because you should be recieving all allowances as they would have you in the system.
    Florida girl in a Snowy World
  4. Meow.
    Meow.
    I'm in a similar situation as you right now. DH and I got married in August and we are still not getting BAH or BAS. DH has gone in so many times to tell finance we arent getting our money. This last time DH went to his higher ups and they went over to finance with him to find out what the hell is going on with our pay. Turns out DH's paperwork was "recycled." They dont know why. I've been on his orders since Sept. So now we've been told we'll get the correct pay on Jan 1. Our savings are completely gone. We arent in debt luckily, but the bills each month have been eating up all our money. Once we get the reimbursements we will be okay, but it's just waiting for things to be fixed I hope the pay gets fixed for you soon
  5. Regular Member
    I don't have any advice, but I hope that you get everything sorted soon...

I know how getting everything situated after you get married can have it's hiccups...We got married in July and unfortunately i'm no help because DH did everything...I wish I paid more attention so I could give you some advice...

Don't worry it will get sorted out!

6. Banned
    Banned
    sorry there is not much more you can do- he will have to wait till he gets back to take care of everything.

did he apply for an advance on the PCS entitlements?
  7. Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    You might want to get in touch with the Army Relief agency on your DH's base and see if you can get a loan to tide you over until your finances get sorted out.

Do you have your ID card and TRICARE set up?

"Don't worry about being right,
    just worry about being kind."
    ~Tilly Therber
  8. Regular Member
    Yes... we went to DEERS and I have my ID card and was enrolled in TriCare.

Also, his orders were amended (I have copies) that have me on there.

I don't know why everything is so screwed up!

DH said I'm in the system, but the paperwork that has to go through his S1 to finance got messed up??