Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help Please.

1. Regular Member

Help Please.

Advertisements
    When DH and I got married, I was told that he had to add me to his page 2. Does anyone know what this page 2 is? I asked him about it and he said he has no clue, but DH doesnt ask questions either. And I told him that he needed to change his paperwork to say he is married b/c he should get paid more. But he says he doesnt need to because he has his DD on there. So.....does he still need to change it? Or do anything? I am so confused and lost on this.
  2. Senior Member
    He has to go to DEERS and add you now that he is married. This will enter you into the system for your Military ID and for your medical care. Any time this changes he must go and let them know. Having your DD on there does not take care of you and your needs.

He has to take you with him and your marriage certificate to complete everything. He can call and get an appointment or just do a walk in (can be a longer wait in the waiting area).
    http://militarysos.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8121&dateline=1213248817 TAKEN AT NISQUALLY WILDLIFE PRESERVE
  3. Senior Member
    yes, otherwise he cant add you to Deers and such. He also needs you on his page 2 so you can be added to his orders when he gets new ones. He needs to take a copy of your marriage liscense with him and talk to his superior if he doesnt know what a page 2 is.
  4. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaaau View Post
    He has to go to DEERS and add you now that he is married. This will enter you into the system for your Military ID and for your medical care. Any time this changes he must go and let them know. Having your DD on there does not take care of you and your needs.

He has to take you with him and your marriage certificate to complete everything. He can call and get an appointment or just do a walk in (can be a longer wait in the waiting area).
    This

5. Senior Member
    Here is some information that should clear it up for him. Although this is from a different base, the rules are the same.

DEERS and ID card information

by 375th Force Support Squadron
    375th AMW

3/9/2011 - SCOTT AIR FORCE BASE, -- The 375th Force Support Squadron Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System and identification card office is open Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The office can be reached at 256-8897 or via e-mail at 375FSS.CustomerService@scott.af.mil. The following outlines the proper procedures for obtaining a new ID card, adding a dependent to DEERS or to extending TRICARE benefits for college students.

Military Dependent ID card - If your dependent's ID card is going to expire, the following options exist for reissuance: sponsor must be present, a signed DD Form 1172 by sponsor and customer service representative or a valid special power of attorney, expired military ID and second form of ID.

Adding Spouse to DEERS - As soon as the sponsor's marital status has changed, they are required to bring in their spouse to be added to DEERS to start receiving benefits. The following documents are required: certified or original marriage certificate, spouse's original birth certificate, valid federal or state photo id (i.e. drivers license, state ID or valid passport) and social security card.

Adding Newborn to DEERS - Sponsor will need to bring the original marriage certificate, hospital proof of birth or birth certificate and social security card (if applicable) within 60 days of birth. For an unmarried male sponsor's child to be added in DEERS, the following documents is needed: acknowledge of paternity or court document providing paternity (this must be from the state where the child is born), original birth certificate and social security card.

TRICARE for College Students - To extend TRICARE/DEERS benefits beyond your child's 21st birthday, the following documents are required: Letter from the College Registrar stating Name of Student, estimated graduation date, and that the student is Full Time; two valid State/Federal forms of ID (one being a photo ID); and Sponsor must be present or a Special Power of Attorney must be provided.
    http://militarysos.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8121&dateline=1213248817 TAKEN AT NISQUALLY WILDLIFE PRESERVE
  6. Senior Member
    His BAH pay will NOT reflect his marital status unless he changes it in DEERS and takes care of the necessary paperwork, regardless of your DD being on there. You also will not be able to receive medical care without being in DEERS. Your DD being on there only means that she is covered and in the system, NOT you. If he's not sure what to do, have him do as another PP said, and have him take your marriage license to his superiors, and ask them what he needs to be doing. You need to get your ID also. He NEEDS to be more proactive about this, I would be FURIOUS if my DH was being so passive about this. This stuff is IMPORTANT.
  7. Senior Member
    Also if he doesn't add you, the military will not pay for you to move nor move your household goods for any future PCS moves.

The military frowns on not keeping your paperwork up to date. If he doesn't keep it up to date he will not be taking care of his family. Not only will you not have medical care, but you can't live on base or use the commissary or PX/BX.
  8. Senior Member
    he doesn't know what his Page 2 is. Somethin fishy here.

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - President Ronald Reagan
  9. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaaau View Post

This!

Also how does he NOT know what it is if he has the DD on there...... Is he just being lazy? (I hope he's just being lazy at least and it's not him for whatever reason not wanting to add you. He can get into trouble if they find out he's married and hid it.....)
    Signature removed due to size.
  10. Regular Member
    Lazy, I really think. I went and got my ID and everything. He says that in the airforce he doesnt have to add me to his page 2. So, right now that is the only thing we are conflicting about. He says he isn't stupid. lol. I'm guessing he is irritated with me right now. I just texted him everything yall said and he still says that he doesnt have to add me to a page 2. I dunno.....I just know that my ex-husband was in the Navy and we did all that. But maybe the airforce is different.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast