Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Referral

  1. simply_sweetx0
    Nette.'s Avatar
    Nette. is offline
    simply_sweetx0
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Mountain Views
    Posts
    3,342
    #1

    Question Referral

    Advertisements
    So, DH got a referral to see a dermatologist..

    Only problem is the referral is for Phoenix and we are no where near Phoenix.


    I think its funny. DH was going to call to make an appointment until I realized it was in Phoenix.

    So who does he call to fix his referral?
    Last edited by Nette.; 11-25-2011 at 02:26 PM. Reason: I can't spell today.
  2. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    TrishAFSpouse's Avatar
    TrishAFSpouse is offline
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    12,308
    #2
    if Phoenix is within 50-60 miles of you, then the referral would make sense.

    If not, he needs to go back to his PCM and get a new referral.
  3. simply_sweetx0
    Nette.'s Avatar
    Nette. is offline
    simply_sweetx0
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Mountain Views
    Posts
    3,342
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    if Phoenix is within 50-60 miles of you, then the referral would make sense.

    If not, he needs to go back to his PCM and get a new referral.
    We are 12 hours away. Okay thank you.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    honeybun's Avatar
    honeybun is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Oceanside, CA
    Posts
    7,288
    #4
    Every time we get a referral it is for some far away doc (my obgyn referral for my pregnancy was a doc at planned parenthood that doesn't even do OB, gyno only ). It says on there on the bottom that you can use that referral to go to any provider who takes tricare if you don't want to use that person. We've done it for me and my son with zero problems.

    I would look up the specialists closer to you that take tricare.

    BiggyBiggs...the Wifey that makes me go "WoW"
  5. simply_sweetx0
    Nette.'s Avatar
    Nette. is offline
    simply_sweetx0
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Mountain Views
    Posts
    3,342
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybun View Post
    Every time we get a referral it is for some far away doc (my obgyn referral for my pregnancy was a doc at planned parenthood that doesn't even do OB, gyno only ). It says on there on the bottom that you can use that referral to go to any provider who takes tricare if you don't want to use that person. We've done it for me and my son with zero problems.

    I would look up the specialists closer to you that take tricare.
    '
    Okay, good to know. Thank you.
  6. Senior Member
    Southern-queen's Avatar
    Southern-queen is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    35,924
    #6
    I would call tricare. It might have been a mix up. I know for a fact there are dermo in the city closest to you if not in one of the zillion "towns" surrounding base.
  7. simply_sweetx0
    Nette.'s Avatar
    Nette. is offline
    simply_sweetx0
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Mountain Views
    Posts
    3,342
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern-queen View Post
    I would call tricare. It might have been a mix up. I know for a fact there are dermo in the city closest to you if not in one of the zillion "towns" surrounding base.
    DH is going to call on Monday. Thank you for the advice. I have not had many experiences with referrals.
  8. Senior Member
    Southern-queen's Avatar
    Southern-queen is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    35,924
    #8
    And remember, if he is unhappy with what that dr tells him, he can ask for another referral. With my oldest he needed eye surgery and the first dr told us he didn't after explaining the only way to fix his problem was with surgery) so we went back and the next day I requested another referral for a second opinion.

    ETA: I am thinking though. I wonder if the referral is because no one there will take tricare. That could be the reason for the distance. I would not be all that shocked if that is the case.
  9. simply_sweetx0
    Nette.'s Avatar
    Nette. is offline
    simply_sweetx0
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Mountain Views
    Posts
    3,342
    #9
    You are full of so much important information. I will remember to tell DH, he can do that too.
  10. Senior Member
    Southern-queen's Avatar
    Southern-queen is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    35,924
    #10
    Just want to help so if anything I tell you can help than I am glad to share. His health (well everyone's) is important and I don't think anyone should just settle.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •