Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: College help

1. Tea

College help

Advertisements
    So my DB and I are planning on getting married upon his return from deployment. I am currently planning on finishing out this school year at the college I am attending then transferring to California somewhere close to base. What benefits does the Marine Corps offer Military spouses? I know about the GI Bill but is there anything else? Will I be considered a resident of California?
  2. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

Check out Mycaa its 4000 and you don't have to do much to get it. I got it and it was pretty easy
  3. Proving people wrong since 1987.
    Proving people wrong since 1987.
    Mycaa, yes you're considered a resident but you might have to show your name on his orders and that could be a problem if he's already stationed there, and you can't use his gi bill until he's in for a certain amount of time.

4. Banned
    Banned
    for the MYCAA- it does have limits and is not intended for "college" but for certification programs and licensing.
    you can google MYCAA for program info-
    this is also limited to spouses of certian ranks, it is not available to ALL AD spouses anymore.

the GI bill transfer is limited to servicemembers who have been in 6 yrs and commit for 4 more.

there are other non- military affiliated grants and scholarships avail.
  5. Loves Her Paratrooper!
    Loves Her Paratrooper!
    If you are continuing your education, then look into the GI Bill. It'd be your best option more than likely. MyCAA is for those that haven't started or are re-starting in something different. MyCAA is only really good for certifications or a 2yr degree.

Also, once you do become married, you can go to the Education Office on the base which you two will be stationed at